Settlements Apprentice PX Group Limited
The Settlements Apprentice is part of a highly skilled, self-motivated team whose primary objective is ensuring the E24 Settlements team produce accurate energy bills for E24 and PX customers. Successful Candidate will work towards a level 2 business administration apprentice.
Closing date: 18 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
25 Oct 2017
14 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To complete all assignment and assessment requirements of the apprenticeship in a timely and accurate manner.
- Having completed required training, to be able to support and undertake a diverse range of settlement administration duties including timely and accurate validation of gas and electricity meter readings, data input of industry published prices, production of trade confirmations for counterparties, validation of industry invoices and supporting production of customer bills.
- Provision of excellent customer service & positive promotion of the Settlements Department to internal & external customers & colleagues in line with changing business needs and E24 strategies and requirements.
- Help provide and ensure a safe, professional and welcoming office environment at all times.
- Answering telephone calls & resolving queries whenever possible, appropriately forwarding messages clearly and precisely.
- To complete required safety training and other identified training.
- To gain an appreciation of a 24/7 business and their role within it.
- To gain an appreciation of the energy business – particularly power and gas.
- To contribute to a small team and their targets within the company.
- N.B. This list is not exhaustive and additional responsibilities may be undertaken, dependent upon business need.
Requirements and prospects
- Working as part of a team – contributing to and working with others. Willing to take on a variety of tasks to help team/develop self.
- Excellent attendance & time keeping.
- Completing qualifications including collecting data and writing assignments to meet deadlines.
- Develops own knowledge using a variety of methods.
- Demonstrate own initiative by finding ways to complete tasks/solve queries.
- Confident numerically. Able to understand calculations and demonstrate accurate numerical reasoning skills.
- Methodical, accurate & detail-conscious approach to work.
- Good communication skills, willing to speak to others, in person or by email & phone.
- Ask questions when not certain and to check understanding.
- Microsoft Word to complete documents.
- Reading data values in excel spreadsheets.
- Composing, sending & filing emails.
- Completes activities to continuously develop self & complete apprenticeship.
- Plan and organises self & workload to meet required targets.
- Relates different pieces of information and recognises trends.
- Works to meet standards of excellence.
- Learns new information regarding changing products, operations etc.
- Confident in dealing and working with others.
- Deals effectively with people from a variety of backgrounds.
Work Experience including:
- Photo copying & filing
- Document formatting
- Invoice matching
- Reading & reviewing procedures
- Monitoring email inboxes
- Customer Service
- Works to changing time-scales
- 5 GSCE’s A-C grades including Maths & English - Essential
- GCSE Information Technology grade A-C. - Desirable
- GCSE Business Studies (or equivalent) grade A-C. - Desirable
Things to consider
About the employer
PX Group Limited
- Level 2 Business Administration
- Technical Certificate
- Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT (where required)
- Day release class
Business and Administration
Northern Skills Group
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Northern Skills Group
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 18 Oct 2017