Apprentice Business Administrator TERENCE WALSH LIMITED
Terence Walsh Ltd is a well established Solicitor based in Cheadle working within Beardsells. Due to a re-structuring exercise he is offering a role to work for him as an Apprentice and learn the business in the role of an Office Assistant.
Closing date: 27 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
28 Sep 2017
12 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
You will offer Admin support not only to Terence but other partners within the Beardsells business and your duties will include:
- Opening/sorting/recording/scanning/distribution of post
- Placing mail into envelopes, determining the best way to send large items by either post/courier; franking of post
- Reception duties – answering the telephone in a polite & professional manner; diverting of morning voicemails to call-handler voicemail; manually recording all telephone calls
- Greeting clients, making refreshments and advising Case Handlers that clients have arrived
- Opening & processing New Client information into Proclaim/paper file
- Archiving Closed files (will involve moving & handling of boxes)
- Obtaining New Client information from visitors in Reception or over the telephone and forwarding this information to the Client handler via email
- Log incoming/outgoing telephone calls from existing clients onto Proclaim
- Enter attendance notes onto Proclaim
- Monitor Stock levels and advise staff accordingly
- Ensure Meeting Rooms are prepared
- General office duties such as typing, filing, faxing, audio typing, photocopying and keeping office clean & tidy
- Errands such as delivering mail to post office by hand, buying milk for the Office
- Other Admin duties as required
- Checking computer backups and recordings
- Setting up and recording webinars
- Copying CDs
- Ordering toners
- Dealing with computer hardware and software issues
- Moving office equipment / furniture within the building
- Storage of documents
Requirements and prospects
The ideal candidate will have excellent literacy and numeracy skills as well as a good, basic range of IT Skills.
You will be reliable and punctual with a professional attitude towards work and a willingness to learn. You must have attention to detail and be of a smart appearance.
Ideally you will have achieved GCSEs at Grade C or above in Maths, English and ICT.
You may have already achieved one or more of these at A/AS or equivalent
Things to consider
About the employer
TERENCE WALSH LIMITED
- Intermediate Apprenticeship in Business Administration
- ERR Employment Rights and Responsibilities workbook
- PLTS – Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Level 1 Functional Skills in Mathematics
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English
- Level 1 Functional Skills in ICT
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Learning Unlimited
Recruitment Team 0161 244 9443
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Sep 2017