Apprentice Chef Cannon Hall Farm Limited
This is a great opportunity for someone who would like to start a career in Catering and Hospitality. You will be trained to the highest standard in the values of a professional kitchen.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
12 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To assist in the preparation and cooking of meals and snacks
- Call for assistance as and when required.
- Report all accidents and incidents to your supervisor
- Ensure the floor is cleared of debris at all times.
- To ensure your work station is clean and tidy at all times.
- Stack pots safely in the wash room.
- Knowledge of allocation of condiments & sauces
- Manually washing counters, surfaces and equipment as per cleaning schedules
- Record and adhere to safer food better business documentation.
- Adhering to strict stock rotation and correct labelling
- Observe security issues.
- Adhere to policy on uniform
- Follow the instructions with regards to the use of chemicals (coshh)
- Ensure that you follow the Health & Safety guidelines laid down by the company at all times.
- Empty rubbish bins, dispose in appropriate in bin and replace with new liner.
- Adhoc duties outside your own area as and when the business demands.
Requirements and prospects
Enthusiastic, hardworking whose personality lends itself to team working with the capabilities of using their own initiative when required.
Good communication skills, honest and trustworthy disposition, and an excellent level of personal hygiene.
Good literacy and numeracy skills, some experience in a kitchen environment would be an advantage.
Things to consider
About the employer
There are animals in abundance and always something new and exciting around the next corner.
Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship in Professional Cookery with on site NVQ assessment and Technical Certificates.
Catering and Professional Chefs
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Calderdale College
Holly Webster 01422 418441 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017