Professional Cookery - Level 2 Apprentice - Kitchen Assistant/Apprentice Cook Spirit Pubs (Sussex) Limited
Spirit Pub are looking for an apprentice to work in their friendly Bar/Restaurant in Hove. The apprentice will receive training in all aspects of the kitchen including health and safety, hygiene and food preparation.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017
£157.00 - £180.00
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
11 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Working as a kitchen assistant/trainee cook for a well-known, friendly pub/restaurant in Hove, the apprentice will be trained in all aspects within the kitchen. The role will involve a Level 2 Professional Cookery NVQ.
The role will include:
- Food preparation.
- Safety and hygiene.
- Stock taking and stock rotation.
- Moving, handling and storing resources in the workplace.
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to think quickly
- Ability to work well within a fast paced environment
- Some basic cooking skills
- Desire to learn
- Ability to work as part of a team
- High standards of cleanliness and hygiene
- Flexibility to work evenings / weekends
- Good attitude
- Grade E or above in English and Maths or equivalent.
Things to consider
About the employer
Apprentices are allocated an Assessor who visits the apprentice in the workplace approx. every 4 weeks. Visits include some 1 to 1 time, observation of the learner working as part of the assessment and feedback process.
The Apprenticeship is made up of the following components:
- Diploma (Level 2) - this is the practical and technical based component where the apprentice demonstrates that they have the skills and knowledge to meet the required national standard. Exams are taken for each module of the Certificate
- Functional Skills, if required, are delivered at the college and are made up of English and Maths. The Apprentice builds up a portfolio of both to show they are able to effectively communicate and use numbers in the workplace. Each Functional Skill is assessed by an online test and a portfolio of evidence. The level of Functional Skill will depend on the level of the apprenticeship.
- ERR (Employment Rights and Responsibilities). This component is used to make Apprentices aware of their employment rights and responsibilities. The apprentice completes this component in question and answer format in a workbook
- PLTS (Personal Learning and Thinking Skills) comprises six groups of skills that together with the Functional Skills are essential to success in learning, life and work. These are; managing one's self, managing relationships with others, managing one's own learning performance and work. These are embedded within the other components of the apprenticeship framework
Catering and Professional Chefs
CITY COLLEGE BRIGHTON AND HOVE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by City College Brighton & Hove
Hayley Warne 01273 667788 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017