PE Sports Apprenticeship St James Infant School
Could you make a difference to the development of quality P.E. experiences for the children in our school? Could you become part of our team supporting and enhancing P.E. in our school? This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic, keen apprentice to come and train with us.
Closing date: 27 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
06 Nov 2017
10 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
To help improve delivery and efficiency of PE by providing a supportive role to the PE Leader
- To further raise the profile and enjoyment of PE within our school.
- To uphold our school ethos and values in a professional manner.
- To support teaching staff in the delivery and planning of quality skills-based physical education sessions.
- To organise and run PE intervention groups; working with small groups of children who find PE challenging or further developing the skills of those for whom PE is a strength.
- To organise and run after school PE clubs (time given in lieu).
- To organise and run P.E. lunchtime activities (time given in lieu).
- To run before school, wake up sessions on the playground.
- To attend team events.
- To assist in equipment preparation for lessons and to support the PE leader to ensure equipment is kept organised and in good working order.
- To assist the teaching staff with the day to day running of the sporting activities.
- To undertake training and Performance Management.
- To understand and apply company policies.
- To maintain confidentiality inside and outside the workplace.
Requirements and prospects
- Able to build positive working relationships with staff and children.
- Able to use own initiative.
- Have strong people skills.
- Able to communicate effectively.
- Well-presented and able to conduct themselves in a professional manner.
- Keen interest in sport and supporting all children to develop positive attitudes towards PE.
- Enjoy working with children.
- Maths & English GCSE or equivalent.
- Any other sports awards.
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Activity Leadership
Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Learning in Physical Education and School Sport
Level 2 Award in Employment Awareness in Active Leisure and Learning
SOCCER COACHING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Soccer Coaching Limited
Jade Davies 07747536599 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Oct 2017