Apprentice Playworker THE BARN AT EMSLEYS FARM LTD
Apprenticeship to work in the Before and After School Club working with children from 2 years old to 11 years old .!! If you are passionate about working with children then this could be the role for you. You must have a great attitude and a Fun, outgoing personality as you are working with children.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Oct 2017
10 Aug 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Duties will include:
- Providing safe, creative, appropriate play opportunities, preparing activities, organising the programme etc.
- Providing full care for the children including collecting children from classrooms and delivering them safely to their parents or carers. This may include providing refreshments
- Administering first aid as appropriate
- Encouraging parental involvement and support
- Close liaison with parents, schools and other childcare and play related agencies.
- Attending meetings as required
- Carrying out all responsibilities and activities within an equal opportunities framework
- Working within agreed policies
- General cleaning to ensure hygienic conditions
Requirements and prospects
- An ability to work five full weekday sessions in term time , before and after school
- Flexibility to work at all Woodpeckers settings both before and after school as required
- An understanding of good quality childcare
- A commitment to equal opportunities in play
- Ability to provide safe, creative play
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to meet children’s individual needs
- Ability to use judgement and common sense
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Mobility to ensure safe supervision of children
- Ability to lift and carry
- Sensory skills to ensure safe supervision
- Experience of working with children aged 2-11 years old
- Some experience of administration
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ideally you will already have the NVQ Level 2 qualification in Play work but this is not essntial , just a and a willingness to undertake further relevant training
Things to consider
About the employer
- You will complete a qualification during your Apprenticeship which will be:
- Diploma in Playwork (QCF) Level 3
- Plus you will receive valuable 'on the job ' training and work experience in the setting
EDEN TRAINING SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Eden Training Solutions Limited
Sally Baldwin 01709889868 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017