Apprentice Chef Wealden Leisure Ltd
An Apprentice Chef is required to help run The Three Hills kitchen during assigned shifts, providing high quality catering support for the Head Chef and Bar & Catering Manager, ensuring that customers enjoy a safe and welcoming experience at Three Hills Sports Park.
Closing date: today
£121.50 - £211.50
The current National Minimum Wage rates are £4.05 an hour for 16 - 17 year olds, £5.60 an hour for 18 - 20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship(usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
10 Oct 2017
09 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- During assigned shifts, assist food preparation and service for Three Hills events and day to day customers.
- During assigned shifts, help ensure the kitchen is run in compliance with all current food hygiene and health & safety guidelines and regulations.
- Continuous support of high levels of customer service.
- Carrying out all duties in accordance with agreed policies and procedures.
- To help manage the kitchen stock, equipment and operations during assigned shifts so that food is prepared and cooked to the highest possible standards.
- To prepare food for events and day to day operations as directed, ensuring that customer satisfaction is central to all kitchen activities.
- To respond positively and constructively to any customer comments, suggestions and complaints, alerting the appropriate manager(s) as necessary.
- During assigned shifts, maintain kitchen hygiene and safe working practices to agreed standards, including statutory food hygiene requirements, EAPs and COSHH.
- To support all colleagues in following agreed customer response and service delivery processes and undertaking delegated activities and projects as agreed with the Centre Manager.
- To comply with all Three Hills Sports Park policies, including health, safety, security, operational and equal opportunities.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties commensurate with the aims of Shepway Leisure and the level of this role, as agreed with the Head Chef and Centre Manager.
Requirements and prospects
Team Player, passion for food and willingness to learn
GCSEs at C or above in Maths and English are desirabel but not essential
Things to consider
About the employer
NVQ 2 Diploma in Professional Cookery
Employer rights and responsibilities
Personal learning and thinking skills
Functional skills in Maths and English Level 1 if required
Catering and Professional Chefs
EAST KENT COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by East Kent College
Lucy Bryant 07772288275 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: today