Child Care Apprentice Hayley Vowden
Rockatots Nursery is a nursery situated in a historical old building in the Crownhill area of Plymouth. They have a fantastic opportunity for a motivated, creative apprentice to join their experienced team.
Closing date: 09 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
16 Oct 2017
09 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- The successful applicant will be working within the team to ensure the smooth day to day organisation and safety of all children.
- You will be expected to have excellent observational and communication skills and will play an active part in the development of the children in your care.
- You will also be a key worker to a group of children where you will play a big part in their development & overall learning journey whilst placed at Rockatots.
- You will help children to understand and demonstrate good health, hygiene and personal habits during meal times, rest periods and bathroom use.
- You must present yourself well and model excellence whilst you assist in serving snacks and refreshments to children.
- You will be seen as a role model to children to excellent personal skills and kindness is required at all times when working with the children.
- You will be a great team player and have excellent standards of personal hygiene and appearance, be reliable and model positive behaviour at all times.
Requirements and prospects
The successful candidate needs to be outgoing and able to work using own initiative. As an apprentice you will have an interest in the needs of young children & have the ability to work as part of a team & understand the importance of confidentiality.
You will need to have good communication skills when dealing with children and adults, and will be reliable and hardworking.
The successful applicant will need to be highly reliable and extremely patient, with a kind, fair and supportive approach to be able to work effectively in this child care setting. As an apprentice, you must be able to work with other adults and be able to demonstrate good teamwork skills, and where required, have the ability to work alone in an organised and focused manner. An ability to communicate well with children, staff and parents is essential.
No prior qualifications are required but A-C GCSE Maths and English are desired.
About the employer
Rock a Tots Day Nursery has 2 Managers, Anneka & Hayley, who have a wealth of childcare experience and managing in a nursery setting. It operates from 5 rooms in a converted Church hall, in a largely residential Plymouth suburb. The building has been renovated to a very high standard.
The nursery offers parents the experience of a highly qualified team, always eager to discuss progress with the aim of preparing all children well for the challenges of full-time education.
The nursery is open from 8am – 6pm, 51 weeks of the year where they are closed for a week over Christmas and during bank holidays.
The Apprenticeship in Child Care includes:
- Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young People’s Workforce
- Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT (Level 1)
- Employment Responsibilities and Rights
- Emergency First Aid
- Certified Health and Safety Course
- Internet Safety / Safeguarding
Most aspects of the qualification and training will be delivered at your workplace where you will be supported throughout your training by your employer. You will have regular visits every six to eight weeks from your designated assessor who will help you, and monitor your progression throughout your apprenticeship.
As an additional qualification you will also achieve Emergency and Paediatric First Aid, and a Health and Safety Certificate, along with Internet Safety and Safeguarding.
Children and Young People's Workforce
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skills to Group Ltd
Olivia 01752 332442
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 09 Oct 2017