Apprentice Hairdresser Barbara Gregori
Have you got a passion for Hairdressing? Have you that creative touch that Barbara Gregori Hair and Beauty are looking for? This could be the perfect apprenticeship for you!
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
09 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Duties to include:
- A career in hair represents an incredible opportunity to possess real practical skills with fabulous earning potential and a platform to express your creativity.
- During your apprenticeship, you are carefully guided through the cutting and colouring techniques used in our salon. Senior stylists will teach you to build your skills to the standard expected of a hair professional.
- As the salon apprentice your role will encompass all areas of the salon. You will greet clients, assist stylists whilst they are working.
- You will make sure every element of the clients experience is met.
- As a hairdressing apprentice, you will be responsible for making sure the salon is kept clean and tidy at all times.
- You will sweep up hair, polish mirrors and make sure all shelves are clean and fully stocked.
- Your role will develop through shadowing and learning from the more senior stylists, washing and conditioning hair and learning the various blow-drying techniques, moving on to learn about colour, by starting to mix up and prepare colour to assist the stylists with the application of colour.
- As you develop skills you will start learning basic cutting techniques.
At Bolton College our approach to hairdressing training is to build a solid foundation of theoretical understanding mixed with great practical opportunities.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication and interaction skills.
- Excellent time keeper.
- A can do attitude.
- Some creative flair.
- Team worker.
- Sense of humour.
- Well presented for the industry.
- No prior qualifications.
Things to consider
About the employer
HAIR PROFESSIONAL APPRENTICESHIP STANDARD.
- Level 2 Diploma for Hair Professionals.
- Apprentices without level 1 English and maths will need to achieve this level and take the test for level 2 English and maths prior to taking the end-point assessment.
Hair and Beauty > Hair Professional
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Bolton College
01204 482030 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017