Helpdesk Technician Apprentice - 12400 INFOTECH SOLUTIONS (UK) LIMITED
Seeking an ambitious individual for an It apprenticeship in the Rochester Area. As a Helpdesk Analyst, you'll be responsible for managing and maintaining our clients’ IT infrastructures. This means you'll have the opportunity to work in many different environments and support a variety of solutions. The work is fun, challenging, and never boring!
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
06 Nov 2017
09 Aug 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
If you have been working at an IT solutions provider or managed services provider, then this concept will be familiar to you. If you have been working as part of an internal IT department, but have grown tired of supporting the same servers, the same software, and the same topology, then this could be the change you are looking for. Join the team at InfoTech and see where your career can take you.
Main role/ responsibilities
- IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft's core business applications such as Windows desktop and Office suite of products is essential with an understanding of Windows Server, Small Business Server, Exchange, Office 365, SQL, Terminal Services and networking an advantage.
- First line support for technical services at the network level (i.e., network connectivity, routers, firewalls, switches, security)
- Remote access solution implementation and support (i.e., VPN, Terminal Services, & Citrix)
- Troubleshooting and issue resolution
- Systems review and documentation
- Defining and documenting standards for service desk technical service procedures
- The ability to manage problems and workloads
- The ability to escalate issues accurately and efficiently
- A methodical and structured approach to problem solving
Requirements and prospects
Qualities / essential requirements
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required
- Candidates will be ambitious, organised, self-motivated and have the ability to be independent problem solvers
- You will need to possess outstanding communication skills
Someone with an enthusiastic and professional attitude and a commitment to learning new skills.
- Minimum 18 months of IT experience in a helpdesk role
- A strong understanding of relevant technologies, solutions, troubleshooting, & support
- Writing and presentation skills are critical
Things to consider
About the employer
INFOTECH SOLUTIONS (UK) LIMITED
Approximately 11% of training takes place in the QA learning centre classroom. 9% is done in the workplace, through online training, face-to-face meetings with your QA Technical Skills Coach, or developing your portfolio. The remaining time will be spent on your workplace activity.
Digital Industries > Infrastructure Technician
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by QA Limited
0345 074 7825 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017