Care Assistant Apprenticeship UR Choice Care Ltd
My client is looking for a new reliable and caring member of staff to join their hard working and friendly team. You will need to be understanding, respectful and have a dignified approach to all service users and duties. A bright outlook and willingness to go that extra mile is a must.
Closing date: 09 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
30 Nov 2017
09 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Duties will include
- To visit service users as directed by the Operations Manager
- To provide personal care, e.g. to assist service users to wash, bathe, shower, dress, feed. To assist service users to the commode or toilet, to empty catheter bags (where necessary), promoting continence where appropriate
- To assist service users to transfer safely, e.g. from bed to chair
- To provide meals where necessary, having regard to service users’ dietary requirements and choice, and / or assist with meals on wheels
- To be aware of, and to follow procedures for management of money at all times when dealing with service users’ finances
- To collect prescriptions if required and remind service users of the necessity of taking prescribed medicine, but not to administer medicine
- To assist service users to maintain contact with family, friends and the community
- To record appropriate details of care provided in the care book at the end of each visit
- To respond to crisis situations by summoning appropriate assistance, e.g. G.P, district nurse or an ambulance
- To work closely and co-operate with relatives, friends, or other agencies and professional workers involved in the care of service users such as care managers, volunteers and health service professionals
- To assist with care of service users’ pets
- To respect the right of confidentiality for all service users, and to adhere to this at all times in the service user’s home, in public places and in the employee’s private life.
- To treat any complaint from a service user, or carer, seriously, reporting it to the agency manager within twenty four hours
- To carry out duties in accordance to work rotas
- To attend any training or supervision sessions required
Requirements and prospects
- Good Time Keeping
- Ability to take instruction
- Communicate effectively with all ages
- Ability to work well in a team
- Committed to personal and professional development
- Team Player
- Able to use own initiative
No formal qualifications required.
Things to consider
About the employer
UR Choice Care Ltd
QCF training will be provided and a certificate in Health and Social care will be gained.
- Intermediate Apprenticeship in Health and Social Care
- City &Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults)
- City & Guilds Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
- Functional skills - Application of Number Level 1 and Communication Level 1
- ERR Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- PLTS – Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Health and Social Care
T2 Business Solutions
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by T2 Business Solutions
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 09 Oct 2017