Level 3 Personal Trainer Apprenticeship URBAN HEALTH & FITNESS LTD
Have you got a passion for fitness? We are pleased to announce we have a vacancy for an apprentice level 3 Personal Trainer to join our team. Gain this essential qualification with us whilst learning and gaining the necessary skills on the job to launch your personal training business when qualified.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
06 Nov 2017
10 Aug 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
The main responsibilities include:
- Conducting accurate fitness assessments, creating and implementing exercise programs specific to a clients’ needs (individual or group) whilst maintaining the clients comfort at all times.
- Undertake individual or group inductions of the facility to allow users to safely and accurately use the equipment available.
- Ability to teach a range of group exercise classes.
- Administration duties such as processing membership applications.
- Reviewing and following up on members exercise programs ensuring it relates to the client’s goals and health aspirations.
- Maintaining a clean, hygienic and tidy work environment always, ensuring all equipment is in safe working condition.
- Actively participating in the company’s marketing strategy whilst promoting cross selling treatments, products and services.
- Ability to contribute with ideas and strategies to improve retention, compliance and membership uptake for the facility.
Requirements and prospects
- A passion for improving the health and wellbeing of the members.
- Approachable to members and ability to communicate effectively individually and within a team/class situation.
- Computer literate with the ability to navigate and utilise social media in a positive and effective way for the company (in keeping with the company’s social media policy).
- Punctual and well organised with class preparation and other duties
- Good communication skills
- Ability to talk and interact with a range of people of different ages
- Ability to ask questions and help when needed
- The ability to empathise and work with customers of all ages and abilities.
- Passion for development and learning.
- Able to work and contribute in any exercise or therapy plan as recommended by other health professionals such as Physiotherapists for the benefit of the member.
- Be creative and implement planning and marketing skills.
- Keeping up to date with the latest trends within the industry.
- Level 2 Fitness Instructor
- Class instructor and ETM qualifications
- Computer literate with word and excel
Things to consider
About the employer
As part of the apprenticeship you will complete the following qualifications
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Personal Training
- Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
- Level 3 Award in Employment Awareness in Active Leisure & Learning
- Level 2 - Functional Skills Maths
- Level 2 - Functional Skills English
The candidate will be allowed ½ day a week to undertake necessary training and learning in relation to the qualification. The candidate will also be given suitable time in the employment hours to compete necessary mandatory training.
Exercise and Fitness
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Locomotivation Ltd
Debbie MacLeod 07816856191 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017