Intermediate Nursery Assistant Cherry Tree Nurseries Limited
Cherry Tree Nursery are looking for an apprentice to complete their qualifications and support existing staff within the setting.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
08 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Some of your duties will include to but not be limited to:
- Observe, support and extend children’s learning
- Plan appropriate daily activities for children
- Work in partnership with parents/carers and other family members
- Demonstrate good practice with regard to special needs and inclusion
- Work to continuously improve quality of childcare and education
- Maintain accurate and effective records
- Follow child protection procedures
- Meet the nutritional needs of the children and ensure food safety regulations are complied with
- To abide by all setting policies and procedures
- To work in the different rooms as required (there are 3 different rooms for different ages)
- To assist early years workers and room supervisors in preparing and implementing activities
- Keep the nursery clean, tidy and safe at all times.
- Welcome parents, children and visitors
- Promote a happy and positive atmosphere
- Attend all staff meeting and relevant training courses
- Ensure the safety and wellbeing of children within your care/room
- To undertake any necessary duties asked of your by a senior member of staff
- To be involved with all aspects of the nursery, and to complete all job duties
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills
- Reliable and punctual
- Passionate about the care and development of children
- Highly presentable
- Hard-working with a willingness to train
- Good team player that shows initiative and a good level of common sense
- Career driven
- Be willing to go the extra mile
- Good time keeper
- Must have A-C GCSE Maths and English Language in order to be eligible for this apprenticeship
About the employer
Cherry Tree Nurseries Limited
- The successful apprentice will work towards an Apprenticeship in CYPW L2 and receive training in; employment rights and responsibilities and personal learning and thinking skills during this 12 month apprenticeship.
- You will receive 1-1 training and support from your Interserve assessor.
- All training is 100% work based.
- We will support your career progression and personal development through further training opportunities.
Children and Young People's Workforce
ESG (SKILLS) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Interserve Learning & Employment
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017