Hairdressing Level 2 Apprentice Cutting Edge (Ottery) Ltd
This is a wonderful opportunity for a creative and passionate individual to join a top Hairdressing Salon in Ottery Saint Mary.You will work alongside a wide range of talent stylists, which will support you throughout your Apprenticeship. The opportunities of working within this Salon are endless.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
25 Oct 2017
05 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
As an Apprentice your duties will include:
- Meeting and greeting clients in a polite and efficient manner.
- Scheduling Salon appointments onto the online and paper base diary.
- Dealing with incoming phone calls
- Carrying out shampooing and conditioning services for clients.
- Helping colleagues with clients.
- Making sure that the salon is tidy and clean at all times.
- Filing and photocopying
- Removing colours
- Neutralising perms
- Cut hair using a range of techniques to create a variety of looks
- Style and finish hair using a range of techniques to achieve a variety of looks
You will be assisting stylists in ensuring that all clients are given the highest levels of customer service with special attention to comfort and friendliness. You will also generate and promote a professional working atmosphere and assist stylists in advising clients in all aspects of services available, including advising clients of all products, tools and equipment available for retail.
You will be supervised by a fully qualified member of staff throughout your training. As an Apprentice you must follow health and safety procedure in the Salon.
You will have your own personal Assessor who will support you throughout your Apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
- Brilliant organisational skills.
- Self motivated.
- Good customer service skills.
- Good leadership skills.
- Good ICT Skills.
- Keen to want to learn and improve skills.
- Work well under pressure.
- You will need to be organised and efficient.
- Openness to learning new ideas and technique.
- Attention to detail.
- Kind and polite.
- Hard working.
- Enjoy helping others.
- A good sense of humour
- Familiar with current trends within the Hairdressing and Fashion industry.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic about hairdressing.
- A friendly personality to interact efficiently with customers and colleagues.
Successful candidate should have GCSE or equivalent Mathematics and English grades C or above; but you can complete functional skills alongside the apprenticeship if required.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Diploma for Hair Professionals–Hairdressing
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- English Functional Skills Level 1 or 2 ( If required)
- Mathematics Functional Skills Level 1 or 2 ( If required)
Hair and Beauty > Hair Professional
PGL TRAINING (PLUMBING) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by P G L Construction Training
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2017