Business Administration Apprenticeship Park Commercial Ltd
An apprentice is required to carry out general office duties including but not limited to: reception/ telephone, filing and archiving, data input and data recording, social media updates, dealing with customers in person, over the phone and via email.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
30 Sep 2017
04 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Duties and responsibilities:
• Carrying out a range of both general office work and more specific administrative tasks to ensure the efficient running of the office.
• Providing administration to other members of staff as and when required.
• Taking customer calls on the main office telephone number and providing a high standard of customer service.
• Open and distribute post daily.
• Responsible for greeting customers in a confident and professional manner.
• Providing clerical support including sending correspondence to and on behalf of clients, insurers and other members of staff.
• Responsible for processing relevant documents (including scanning and filing) and recording relevant details using the computer’s IT systems.
• Responding to correspondence, telephone calls, faxes and e-mails as required.
• Updating and maintaining records both computerised and paper based to a high level of accuracy.
• Providing cover for the office during periods of holiday and absence.
• Providing an excellent support function to internal colleagues.
• Conduct learning, training and assessment exercises in accordance with the individual T&C scheme applicable to you. Identify further areas for development as required.
• Attend supervision sessions, team and management meetings as appropriate.
• Attend in house training and external training courses as agreed.
• Report any potential breaches, including weaknesses in current systems, to your Line Manager.
• Ensure personal data (client and employee) is secure, held and properly utilised in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act.
• Work at all times within strict confidentiality guidelines and the principals of the Data Protection Act (1998)
• Maintain an awareness of the aims and objectives, polices and practices of the company.
• Be an effective member of the Company and working cooperatively with all departments as appropriate.
• Undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by your line manager.
Requirements and prospects
Criteria Essential Desirable
1. Knowledge / experience
- • Previous administrative experience in an office environment
- • Experience of an office environment
- Previous experience of an administrative role in the insurance industry
- • Awareness of FCA rules and compliance procedures
- • Customer service training
1. Other requirements
- • Ability to work using own initiative
- • Genuine interest in developing a career in the insurance industry
- • Enthusiasm towards learning the role
- • Interest in becoming professionally qualified
1. Skills / ability
- • Good I.T. skills including Word, Excel and e-mail
- • Conscientious approach to work tasks
- • Attention to detail
- • Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
2.. Qualification / education / training
- • Five GCSEs (grade C or above) or equivalent
- • I.T. training courses
Things to consider
About the employer
Park Commercial Ltd
You will enter on our uniquely designed training program, receiving first hand training from both your team leaders and our in-house trainer. It is much personalised, allowing you to develop at your own pace and providing you with all the skills necessary to achieve great success.
The APPRENTICESHIP programme will last for 12 months and you will achieve a
- Level 2 Business Administration QCF qualification,
- Function Skills in Maths, English (if required).
You will be based in the employer’s office/workplace so you gain 12 months’ work experience, and the opportunity for an interview for a permanent role at the end of a successful APPRENTICESHIP.
This is an APPRENTICESHIP; and Government Funding is available for 16-24 years old. However, applicants of all ages are able to apply.
Business and Administration
PROFOUND SERVICES LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Profound Services Ltd
Sky Jackson 0191 587 4570 Sky.email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017