IT/Checkout Technician Apprentice - 12329 METRO BROADCAST LIMITED
They are looking for a tech savvy individual to come on board, assisting with not only day-to-day IT issues, but assisting in the continuous growth and development of the organisation.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
06 Nov 2017
03 Aug 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- Assisting the IT Manager with telecoms, rebooting and reporting to comms suppliers.
- Checking servers; Windows and Linux logs.
- Assisting with the day-to-day management of the Office from an IT perspective.
- Support internal clients with Windows 7 Professional and Mac.
- Provide IT support; covering the department during the IT Manager’s annual leave.
- Troubleshooting issues and suggesting solutions.
- Monitoring virus management and software updates.
- Ensure kit is checked and that it works as a system.
- Kit must be clean, in full working order including all necessary cables.
- Cross-hired kit is to be checked as part of our Metro kit and bar codes are recorded (a cable list must be added to each job).
- Equipment that is missing or damaged must be investigated and reported to the Checkout Supervisor.
- Check out and prepare kit ready for dispatch; jobs for the next day MUST be completed before the end of shift.
- Support with the upkeep of the equipment database and tracking of kit, this includes booking kit in and out of service and managing the process so the kit is returned to checkout as quickly as possible.
- Act as technical backup to the technicians and riggers, travelling on sites visits, if required: Health and Safety.
Requirements and prospects
- Practical approach
- Impeccable time management
- Positive attitude and a quick learner
- Keen to develop own knowledge
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- IT qualification
- Driving license
Someone with an enthusiastic and professional attitude and a commitment to learning new skills.
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A*-C in any subject plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
Things to consider
About the employer
METRO BROADCAST LIMITED
Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard
Approximately 11% of training takes place in the QA learning centre classroom. 9% is done in the workplace, through online training, face-to-face meetings with your QA Technical Skills Coach, or developing your portfolio. The remaining time will be spent on your workplace activity.
Digital Industries > Infrastructure Technician
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by QA Limited
0345 074 7825 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017