Apprentice nursery practitioner H.R.H. NURSERIES LTD
Are you personable, enthusiastic and caring? Do you like to be busy and get messy? Then we may have just the opportunity for you. We are looking for a warm, patient and creative person who can nurture children and help them to reach their full potential.
Closing date: 27 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
04 Oct 2017
03 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- You will be provided with a mentor in the setting and after a period of in-house training you will be the key person for a small number of children.
- Your role will include personal care routines, such as nappy changes, toileting or feeding, observations and giving feedback to parents on a daily basis.
- Depending on the age group you are working with, you may be involved in forest days, street dance sessions, gymnastics lessons and art activities.
- The job is busy, fun and very rewarding.
- You will have the opportunity to work with each age group from babies to pre-schoolers, work with children who have English as an additional language and those with additional needs.
- No two days are the same!
Requirements and prospects
The ideal applicant would be enthusiastic, willing to learn and committed to undertaking the qualification, as well as having some experience of working with children either through babysitting, work experience or looking after younger relatives
You will need to be patient, caring and have lots of energy
Good standards of reading and writing, neat writing, computer skills are preferable but not essential.
Things to consider
About the employer
You will achieve an apprenticeship in Children's Young presons workforce
- Employment Rights and Responsiblities
- Functional Skills (if required)
- Personal Learning and thinking skills.
Children and Young People's Workforce
CAMBRIDGE REGIONAL COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Cambridge Regional College
Camilla 01223 226322
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Sep 2017