Apprentice Yard Operative, Customer Service Chandlers Buildings Supplies Ltd
Chandlers Building Supplies, based in Ringmer are looking for an Apprentice Yard Operative to join their team. If you are an early riser, like to work as part of a team and can lift heavy goods then apply today! This is a Customer Services Apprenticeship.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 44.50
(the hours are based on the candidate being over 18)
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
08 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB
Provide a timely, friendly and dependable collection and delivery service of products to customers ensuring that their expectations are not just met but exceeded. Although this is not a warehouse post you will be required to maintain a clean, tidy and safe yard/warehouse environment where stock can be easily identified. The successful apprentice must always be able to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Work effectively as part of a team promoting the company’s vision, values and aspirations at all times.
- Build effective relationships with customers and suppliers by delivering a professional, prompt and efficient service.
- Accurately pick and load products in line with health and safety procedures and company policy.
- Ensure all relevant documentation is in place prior to departure in order that goods can be tracked.
- Receive and check deliveries to the branch, highlighting any anomalies to your line manager without delay.
- Ensure the secure, correct and timely storage of delivered products.
- Undertake stock take duties as and when requested.
- Work and communicate as a team member to ensure the yard operates efficiently and effectively.
- Use and maintain plant in an appropriate manner in line with health and safety and company guidelines.
- Actively safeguard against the theft of goods or company property by remaining security conscious at all times.
- Highlight low stock levels where necessary and report any damaged items.
- Optimise all duties and activities to enhance branch profit.
- Take a pro-active approach in ensuring the health and safety of staff and customers reporting and responding to any potential H&S concerns.
- Perform any other reasonable duty as may be required by the company.
BEST PRACTICE EXPECTATIONS
- Strive at all times to maintain and develop productive and effective relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Develop effective relationships with staff to create a team work environment.
- Communicate all relevant key information across the business as appropriate.
- Ensure that all staff are treated with dignity and respect at all times.
- A clean presentable appearance and courteous manner as an ambassador for the company.
Requirements and prospects
The essential skills for the role include:
- The ability to get to the workplace and be on time for 7.30am.
- The ability to undertake heavy lifting and complete this physical role.
- Basic English and Maths skills. The successful candidate will be required to undertake a Maths and English initial assessment to check that they would be able to complete the apprenticeship.
- Good verbal communication skills.
The essential personal qualities include:
- The ability to work as part of a team but also independently.
- The ability to understand what good customer service is.
- Good attention to detail.
- Keen to work in an outside environment.
- Always being aware of the importance of safety.
You must have Maths and English GCSEs at grade D or above, or equivalent to apply for this role.
Things to consider
About the employer
- City and Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Customer Services
- Functional Skills Level 1 in Maths, English, and ICT (exempt if already have GCSE equivalent C+ grade)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
SUSSEX DOWNS COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Sussex Downs College
Katie Parris 030 300 39871
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2017