Apprentice Hairdresser Sheil Salon
This is an exciting apprenticeship opportunity to join a busy salon, gaining and enhancing your skills and knowledge of hairdressing while working towards a Level 2 qualification in this area.
Closing date: 05 Nov 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
13 Nov 2017
02 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
As an Apprentice Hairdresser you will work within a busy salon, training to enhance your skills with hair.
Your main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the senior stylist
- General reception duties and bookings
- Helping with duties such as washing hair and hair colouring
- Training day with own models
- Any other duties deemed reasonable at the time
Requirements and prospects
The successful applicant will have:
- An arty and creative personality
- Good communication and listening skills
- Good customer service skills
- The ability to intereact well with others
- Attentive approach towards tasks
The successful applicant will be:
- Punctual and reliable
- Personable and able to inspire, inform and share ideas with the team
- Enthusiastic and motivated
- Interested in fashion and trends and have a basic understanding of the hairdressing industry
No previous qualifications are required for this role.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Hairdressing Level 2
- Functional Skills: English Level 1
- Functional Skills: Maths Level 1
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
As part of the Hairdressing apprenticeship, the successful applicant will need to attend an induction session plus a literacy/numeracy diagnostic at a County Training centre. In addition learners will attend the County Training Hair Academy once a week for 12 weeks to complete the knowledge aspect of the qualification, followed by a further 12 fortnightly practical sessions.
HEREFORDSHIRE AND LUDLOW COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by County Training
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 05 Nov 2017