Apprentice Support Worker Care Direct
As an Apprentice Support Worker you will provide high quality support to individuals with dementia, mental illness, learning disabilities and or physical disabilities within their own home and the wider community. OVER 18'S ONLY (due to insurance).
Closing date: 22 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
25 Sep 2017
23 Sep 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The successful candidate will provide high quality support to individuals with dementia, mental illness, learning disabilities and or physical disabilities within their own home and the wider community.
They will also ensure that support is offered according to Legislation and Company ethos, on which you will receive training and guidance. Helping develop individuals to their full, encouraging and supporting opportunities for learning and development within the individuals home and their local community.
They would also promote independence, ensuring that the individuals' dignity, privacy, confidentiality and human and civil rights are paramount. To protect individuals from abuse and or neglect according to Vulnerable Adults legislation.
- Take time to get to know the service user, their preferences and wishes.
- Work as part of the support team to meet the Service Users individual needs.
- Support and enable Service Users to maintain a good standard of appearance.
- Support and enable Service Users to maintain a good standard of cleanliness within their home.
- Support and enable Service Users to regularly achieve domestic tasks and a healthy diet.
- Support Service Users to create and work towards a life plan / person-centred plan.
- Support and enable Service Users to develop and maintain friendships and social contacts.
- Support and enable Service Users to regularly achieve a structured plan of developmental and leisure activities.
- Introduce Service Users to valuable new experiences, new places and new people.
- Assist Service Users in the research of local area opportunities and to action those they show interest in.
- Support Service Users to manage risks and make informed choices.
- Promote independence, self confidence and self image with Service Users.
- Follow agreed Support Plans / person centred plans / life plans.
- Complete Company paperwork consistently.
- Team Working
- To communicate effectively.
Requirements and prospects
- Use of own car on a full time basis including business class insurance as the role is field-based.
- Experience of working with vulnerable adults who suffer dementia, mental health or disability problems.
- Able to work on own initiative and a team player.
- To work flexibly over the course of a week and to cover other staff sickness and holidays.
- An understanding of individual needs
You must have GCSEs in English and Maths grades A-C or an equivalent qualification such as Functional Skills.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Training will be provided in order to achieve the Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care.
- Functional Skills Level 1 Maths and English are completed with the Apprentice if a prior GCSE grade A-C or equivalent has not already been achieved.
- You may be expected to attend Salford City College 1 day per week for Functional Skills classes if required.
Health and Social Care
SALFORD CITY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Salford City College
Jon Hobson 0161 631 5555
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 22 Sep 2017