Receptionist Apprentice DEANE CLINIC HEALTHCARE LIMITED
A new and exciting opportunity to work as an Receptionist Apprentice in a local One Stop Health Centre.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
03 Oct 2017
02 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Working in a busy healthcare centre, main duties will include:
- Providing general assistance to the practice team
- Projecting a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone
- Receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way
- Processing personal and telephone requests for appointments, visits and telephone consultations, and ensuring callers are directed to the appropriate healthcare professional
- Processing and distributing incoming (and outgoing) mail
- Taking messages and passing information on to the appropriate person
- Filing and retrieving paperwork
- Processing repeat prescriptions in accordance with practice guidelines
- Computer data entry/data allocation and collation; processing and recording information in accordance with practice procedures
- Processing and distributing incoming and outgoing mail
- Providing clerical assistance to practice staff as required from time to time, including word/data processing, filing, photocopying and scanning
- Clearing and re-stocking of consulting rooms as required
- Ordering and monitoring stationery and other supplies
- Keeping the reception area, noticeboards and leaflet dispensers tidy and free from obstructions and clutter
- Providing refreshments to staff and visitors as required and keeping the kitchen area clean and tidy
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills
- Keyboard and computer skills
- Time management
- Multi Linguistic skills is desirable (Gujarati, Urdu etc.)
- Good timekeeping skills
- Hardworking and flexible
- Successful candidate must understand the importance of confidentiality
- English and Maths GCSE grades A-C (or equivalent) essential
Things to consider
About the employer
- Fuctional Skills Maths and English.
- Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Standard.
Customer service > Customer Service Practitioner
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Bolton College
01204 482032 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2017