Apprentice Chef Andiamo
Brand new opportunity to become a qualified Chef working in a highly rated local Italian Restaurant, cooking to high standards with fresh ingredients.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
03 Oct 2017
22 Sep 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
This position will require preparation and cooking of food in line with brand and menu specification, ensuring food section is constantly supplied with the full range of menu items avoiding shortages and wastage, food safety, health, safety and welfare of all guests and colleagues.
Duties will include:
- Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food. Wash and peel fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients.
- Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist.
- Prepare cold foods.
- Complete daily checks for fridge temperatures and probing cooked foods
- Completing delivery checklist of chilled and frozen foods
- Operate ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves, and fryers.
- Test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently.
- Monitor food quality while preparing food.
- Set-up and break down work station.
- Wash and disinfect kitchen area, tables, tools, knives, and equipment.
- Check and ensure the correctness of the temperature of appliances and food.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures;
- Report maintenance needs, accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional;
- Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others;
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Requirements and prospects
The successful candidate will have good communication skills and team working skills. They should be accurate and particular in their work.
Candidates with experience in a working kitchen preferred
Good team worker, reliable, enthusiastic and willing to listen and learn. The successful candidate will understand the fast paced demanding nature of the professional Chef/ catering environment and be prepared to thrive in it. A real interest in becoming part of the Catering profession and a desire to exceed.
English/Maths GCSE A-C desirable
Things to consider
About the employer
City & Guilds Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Professional Cookery City & Guilds Level 2 Certificate In Hospitality and Catering Principles (Professional Cookery English Functional Skills* Mathematics Functional Skills* Personal learning and thinking skills *Where no exemptions apply
Catering and Professional Chefs
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Bolton College
Jennie Furzer firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2017