Apprentice Mechanic Light Vehicle Premier Autos (Hednesford) Ltd
You will be undertaking all aspects of vehicle repair, maintenance and service.
Closing date: 10 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
29 Oct 2017
07 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Duties will include
- To diagnose and undertake electrical repairs on a wide variety of vehicles.
- To undertake electrical installation of accessories and ancillary equipment on a wide variety of vehicles.
- To test and repair digital control systems including ABS controls.
- To service and repair ancillary parts and equipment as required.
- To inspect, maintain and repair all types of petrol and diesel engine motor vehicles and plant operated by the Authority and its customers.
- To requisition parts and equipment as necessary..
- To carry out work within a realistic time.
Requirements and prospects
You will already be a mechanically minded individual with an interest in how things work. Ideally you will have good dexteritory skills and an eye for detail.
You will need to have a passion to learn and develop yourself.
You will need to be punctual and be able to start work on time every morning.
Your interpersonal skills will need to be good as you will work as part of a team and may also have interaction with customers.
You will already have GSCE maths and English at grade C or above, or the equivalant qualifications.
Things to consider
About the employer
Premier Autos (Hednesford) Ltd
This is a level 2 apprenticeship in light vehicle maintenance and repair. As part of your qualification you will attend college once a fortnight and spend the rest of your working week in the workplace.
You may have to take functional skills maths and English, this will depend on the qualifications you already have.
Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Walsall College - Wisemore Campus
Stephen Dugmore 01922 688891 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 10 Oct 2017