Apprentice Chef, Edwinstowe VILLAGE VENTURES LIMITED
If you love food and are passionate about becoming a great well rounded Chef this is the apprenticeship for you. It’s exciting and an opportunity to work alongside an experienced and dedicated Head Chef.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
£105.00 - £140.00
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
14 Oct 2017
01 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Learning a range of cooking techniques you will be able to prepare, cook and finish an array of fresh and well-made dishes to a very high standard.
The hotel operates a breakfast menu, an extensive a-la-carte menu that changes every 6-8 week and a specials board that changes constantly. This is a great opportunity to learn a range of skills and techniques.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Opening the kitchen and preparing for service.
- Washing, peeling and cutting vegetables.
- Preparing meat, poultry and fish ready for cooking.
- Preparing and plating starters.
- Using the various cooking equipment as trained to do so.
- Preparing and plating main courses ensuring a high specification of presentation and ensuring every plate of food looks, smells and tastes amazing.
- Use the stone pizza oven to cook the perfect pizza.
- Prepare a range of home-made desserts.
- Complete relevant kitchen documentation.
- Clean down after service.
- Maintain a good level of cleanliness and work to hygienic practices.
- Enjoy what you do and do what you enjoy.
Applicants will be required to attend an Assessment Centre with Vision Apprentices as part of the screening process.
Requirements and prospects
- Hardworking and reliable.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Basic experience of working in a kitchen.
- A genuine interest in becoming a Chef and working with fresh local produce.
- Artistic nature to create amazing food.
- Good personal hygiene and hygienic working practices.
- Ability to build good working relationships with colleagues.
- GCSE Grades A to C or equivalent are essential, specifically Maths and English,2017 grading system, grade 9 – grade 4.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Vision Business is part of the West Nottinghamshire College Group. West Nottinghamshire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the country with a well-earned reputation for excellence particularly in the areas of apprenticeships. The college was named a national Beacon College in 2009. With 30,000 students nationwide and links with over 2,000 employers, we are a high-profile centre of education that is well known for producing work-ready, ambitious and highly-skilled individuals. We offer apprenticeships, advanced apprenticeships and adult apprenticeships in a range of sector specialisms.
- An apprenticeship is an on the job learning programme that allows you, the apprentice, to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards theory elements in addition to putting the theory into practice, some of this will be in your own time.
- As part of your apprenticeship and dependent on your prior attainment you may be required to complete Maths, English and ICT Functional Skills which are an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition.
- Vision Business will also work with you to ensure your knowledge of Employment Rights and Responsibilities are at the required level for an apprentice.
- Should you have any questions or wish to discuss this or any other vacancy please call the Vision Apprentices team on 01623 627191 extension 8799.
Hospitality > Commis Chef
VISION WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Vision West Nottinghamshire College
Lee Speed 01623 627 191 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017