Hairdressing Apprentice, Warsop Donna Michelle Cripps
Looking for an enthusiastic apprentice with a passion to learn hairdressing in a local salon, a great environment to learn. Within a friendly Hair Salon, client relationship duties will be a key part of this role, an excellent understanding of our offer and a friendly and polite personality is essential.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
£105.00 - £140.00
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
14 Oct 2017
01 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Initially, you will be learning the role, the business and embedding yourself into the team. Within a friendly Hair Salon, client relationship duties will be a key part of this role, an excellent understanding of our offer and a friendly and polite personality is essential.
It is vital that you are able to communicate in a professional but friendly manner as you will need to communicate with a range of different clients, regular and new.
The role is extremely important to the business as the right person will be the first point of contact for the company’s clients.
You will have support within the company and will be working towards Hair Dressing Level 2 Apprenticeship.
Some of your main duties initially will include:
- Reception duties and dealing with clients over the phone
- Building up the clientele
- Shampooing clients
- Preparing the area for clients
- Greeting clients/ visitors
- Billing the client and scheduling next appointments
- Supporting colleagues with a variety of tasks
- Cleaning down of equipment including sterilising the treatment spaces
You will progress on to learning:
- Finishing and styling hair to the client requirements
- To use a range of cutting techniques to achieve desired look
- Colouring hair
Applicants will be required to attend an Assessment Centre with Vision Apprentices as part of the screening process.
Requirements and prospects
- Smart professional appearance
- Self-motivated & reliable
- To work on own initiative
- Be able to follow guidelines and instruction
- Managing a busy workload
- Excellent communication skills written and verbally
- Time management skills
- A genuine passion for hairdressing
- Hairdressing Level 1
- GCSE Grades A to C or 9-4 (new grades) equivalent are essential, specifically English
Things to consider
About the employer
Donna Michelle Cripps
- Vision Business is part of the West Nottinghamshire College Group. West Nottinghamshire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the country with a well-earned reputation for excellence particularly in the areas of apprenticeships. The college was named a national Beacon College in 2009. With 30,000 students nationwide and links with over 2,000 employers, we are a high-profile centre of education that is well known for producing work-ready, ambitious and highly-skilled individuals. We offer apprenticeships, advanced apprenticeships and adult apprenticeships in a range of sector specialisms
- An apprenticeship is an on the job learning programme that allows you, the apprentice, to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards theory elements in addition to putting the theory into practice, some of this will be in your own time
- As part of your apprenticeship and dependent on your prior attainment you may be required to complete Maths, English and ICT Functional Skills which are an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition
- Vision Business will also work with you to ensure your knowledge of Employment Rights and Responsibilities are at the required level for an apprentice
- Should you have any questions or wish to discuss this or any other vacancy please call the Vision Apprentices team on 01623 627191 extension 8799
VISION WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Vision West Nottinghamshire College
Lee Speed 01623 627 191 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017