Nursery Nurse Apprentice Beach Babies Ltd
Enthusiastic and committed nursery nurse to work in our 38 place nursery set in the countryside, we have a strong ethos of natural play and the outdoors and you should be someone who enjoys spending outside. We offer early years learning of the highest quality from birth to 4 years, and the applicant will be a person who strives to achieve this.
Closing date: 15 Dec 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
08 Jan 2018
02 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Purpose of Post
- To contribute a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed in the Nursery.
- To give support to other personnel within the Nursery.
- To implement the daily routine in the base room.
- Work with Children
- Team Work
- Liaise with Parents and Carers
- Liase with outside professionals as required
Nursery Manager / Deputy Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To contribute to a programme of activities suitable to the age range of children in your area in conjunction with other staff.
- To keep a proper record of achievement, using Tapestry, on your key children.
- Work alongside parents of special needs children to remove access barriers within the Nursery.
- Support all staff and engage in creating and maintaining a good staff team.
- Liaise with and support parents and other family members or carers.
- To attend ALL out of working hours activities, e.g. training, bi-monthly staff meetings, parents evenings, summer party, Christmas party, etc.
- To be flexible within working practices of nursery. Be prepared to help where needed, including to undertake certain domestic jobs within the Nursery, e.g. preparation of snacks and meals etc.
- Work alongside the manager and staff team to ensure that the philosophy behind the nursery is delivered.
- Recording accidents in the accident book in line with current guidance.
- Look upon the nursery as a "whole" where can your help be most utilised, be constantly aware of the needs of children and other stakeholders.
- To work with the team to help each child fulfuil their potential.
- To respect the confidentiality of information received.
- To develop your role within the team especially with regard as a key person duties.
Specific Child Care Tasks:
- The preparation and completion of activities to suit the child's stage of development.
- To ensure that mealtimes are a time of pleasant social sharing.
- Washing and changing children as required.
- Providing comfort and warmth to a poorly child.
- To ensure the provision of a high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children from differing cultures and religious backgrounds, and stages of development
- To be aware of the high profile of the nursery and to uphold its standards at all times.
You need to be enthusiastic, very interested in children and their development and the sort of person who goes that bit further than mot to help others.
Requirements and prospects
A team player who likes to proactively help others. Someone who always wants to find out more.
Enthusiasm, energy, willingness to have a go. Good positive interaction skills for both adults and children.
Good level of literacy and numerical skills to allow accurate recording of children’s development and to role model and teach the children these skills.
Things to consider
About the employer
You will achieve an Apprenticeship in Children's and Young Persons workforce
This will include
- Functional Skills if required
- Employment Rights and Responsiblilities
- Personal learning and Thinking skills
Children and Young People's Workforce
CAMBRIDGE REGIONAL COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Cambridge Regional College
Camilla 01223 226322
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 15 Dec 2017