Apprentice Social Care Assistant MGB Care Services Ltd
This role will report directly into the Care Home Manager. To work as a member of a team to provide a caring environment for the service users, undertaking basic caring duties to meet the service users needs.
Closing date: 26 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
28 Oct 2017
08 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To carry out duties as delegated by the Home Manager or Team Leader.
- To assist service users with daily living activities including dressing, undressing, washing, bathing, feeding and other duties to meet the individual needs of service users.
- To support and help service users develop new skills.
- To plan and participate in activities for the service users both in and out of the home.
- To promote service users independence and integration into the community.
- To work and communicate with the staff team and other colleagues.
- To respond to changes and work flexibly in training.
- To take on NVQ training and other training as requested.
- To act as key worker for service users and advocate on their behalf.
- To undertake escort duties and accompany service users on outings (this will be under supervision of a member of staff).
- To be aware of Health & Safety regulations and take reasonable precautions to ensure Safety at work.
- The duties and responsibilities of the post will be undertaken in accordance with the policies and procedures and practices of MGB Care Services, which will be amended from time-to-time.
Requirements and prospects
- Have an understanding of the need for reliability and behave accordingly.
- Basic numeracy skills.
- To be able to work in a safe manner.
- To be able to work as part of a team.
- Ability to understand varying forms of discrimination.
- Ability to understand and demonstrate a commitment to the organisation’s equal opportunities policies.
- Basic record keeping and report writing.
- Demonstrate understanding and empathy.
- Positive attitude toward the development of people with a learning disability.
- Ability to take responsibility.
- Good communication.
- A commitment to people with learning disabilities.
English and Maths GCSE A-C preferred or equivalent qualifications.
About the employer
- Health & Social Care Level 2 NVQ includes Technical Certificate and Functional Skills, if required.
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
Candidate will have full rights and responsibilities as standard employee.
Health and Social Care
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Learning Unlimited
Adam Black 0115 933 8314 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 26 Oct 2017