IT Support Engineer Apprentice - 12261 RM PLC
Job Description As an apprentice, you will be part of a technical team, responsible for the monitoring, management and development of systems that support the RM Group's 1500 staff across several offices in the UK and India.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
06 Nov 2017
31 Jul 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
As part of the Information Systems Support team, you will be responsible for a range of products and services including Office365, MS Azure, Cisco Networking, Firewalls & security devices, Avaya VoIP and VMWare.
You will have the opportunity to work closely with Software and Infrastructure Development teams, to constantly evolve and improve the products and services we provide. Working with Cisco, Windows, Office 365, Azure and VMWare technologies, amongst many others, you will be encouraged to develop your technical skills while resolving internal customer facing issues and implementing infrastructure improvement projects.
Main role/ responsibilities
- Provide direct support to 1500 internal customers across numerous UK and Indian Offices
- Provide support for a range of products through Office365, MS Azure, Cisco networking, firewalls and security devices, Avaya VoIP, MS Windows, VMWare, Commvault and other related technologies
- Work with the Software and Infrastructure Development teams to manage and support newly implemented products and services
- Deliver projects such as Enterprise wide desktop monitoring solutions, Bitlocker Implementations, Office migrations and many more
- Work with your peers and team leaders to identify and produce enhancements to already implemented systems
Requirements and prospects
Qualities/ essential requirements
- Strong problem solving skills, with an inquisitive and creative approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication, strong active listening skills and the ability to build strong relationships with and influence colleagues and customers
- Highly customer focused with an empathetic and customer-centric approach
- Sound planning & organisational skills to handle the workload and to prioritise activities across the group of customers in a dynamic work environmentImprovement focus and good decision making ability
Someone with an enthusiastic and professional attitude and a commitment to learning new skills.
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above
Things to consider
About the employer
Approximately 11% of training takes place in the QA learning centre classroom. 9% is done in the workplace, through online training, face-to-face meetings with your QA Technical Skills Coach, or developing your portfolio. The remaining time will be spent on your workplace activity.
Digital Industries > Infrastructure Technician
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by QA Limited
0345 074 7825 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017