Apprentice Admin Assistant KNIGHTS GROUP LIMITED
To provide administrative support across all areas of a busy and rapidly growing care provider in the Wokingham and surrounding areas.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2017
31 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
To provide administrative support across all areas of a busy and rapidly growing care provider in the Wokingham and surrounding areas - this is an important position within the company as it seeks to expand its operations.
You will eventually be responsible for assisting the care manager with organising the daily running of the office, help with coordinating a busy team of 35 care support workers, obtaining & interpreting data for invoicing and payroll and a wide range of administrative responsibilities’ as follows:
- Dealing with incoming phone calls by answering in a polite manner and either transferring to the correct person or taking messages accordingly
- Pro-actively liaising with customers to ensure they know the times and person visiting for their upcoming care schedule
- Assist with the co-ordination of a team of 35 care support staff to ensure awareness of important updates to the care schedule, relevant information or emergency unplanned events
- Organising a wide range of paper and digital filing needs within the office to ensure items are filed correctly and easy to locate either in filing cabinets or the business server. The also included maintaining & printing appropriate levels of key forms for the care support workers to collect such as time sheets, service user notes and medication administration records
- Writing up customer care plans onto the business server from information provided from the registered managers and creating customer specific files thereafter
- Assembling and presenting data for regular invoicing
- Assist with extracting data from paper based time sheets from the care support staff to help facilitate payroll
- Managing office and carer consumable stock levels and ordering where necessary
- General office administration such as writing letters, copying, printing and general organising of the environment
Requirements and prospects
- Good attention to detail
- Willing to contribute ideas
- Excellent customer services skills
- Excellent telephone/communication skills
- Good at problem solving
- Good communicator
- Friendly manner
- Highly organised
- GCSE Grades A-C in English, Maths and IT or equivalent is preferred but not essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Additional location information
- Level 2 Business Administration diploma incorporating an NVQ, where evidence will be gathered to build a portfolio showing your competency within the role
- Functional Skills to include Maths, English and IT (depending on award and previous qualifications) where a tested part will be completed
- Complete a Technical Certificate to underpin your knowledge of working in the sector, this also comes with a tested part
Business and Administration
KNIGHTS TRAINING ACADEMY LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by KNIGHTS GROUP
Chris Billingham 01276 681248 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017