Apprentice Shop Assistant HOPSCOTCH SHOES LIMITED
You will become a valuable and key member of the team. You will be getting involved in all aspects of the business from face to face customer interaction, stock checking and shoe fitting. If you are hardworking and committed, then this position is perfect for you. So, don’t delay. Apply today.
Closing date: 27 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
11 Nov 2017
31 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Serving customers – fitting and selling shoes (we provide all shoe fitting training)
- Interacting with both parents and children
- Answering the phone
- Welcoming customers to the shop
- Using the till
- Working the stockroom – putting stock away/moving stock around/pulling stock out for customers and other branches
- Ordering stock for customers
- Transferring stock to other branches
- Keeping shelves replenished with stock as items are sold
- Window displays – helping with display and changing the window every week/replenishing sold items
- Unpacking new stock as it arrives/checking delivery is correct and pricing
- General housekeeping (dusting/cleaning/vacuuming)
Requirements and prospects
- Competent in Microsoft packages
- Confident on the phone
- Good organisational skills
- To be able to prioritise workloads
- Good written communication
- The ability to use own initiative
- Motivated and enthusiastic
- Hard working
- Team player
- Good time keeping
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Positive attitude
GCSE Grade C and above desirable
Things to consider
About the employer
HOPSCOTCH SHOES LIMITED
Full on-the-job training and support will be provided to enable the successful applicant to undertake the full range of duties required of the role.
In addition, training will also be provided towards the Apprenticeship in Customer Service Level 2 through in-house delivery.
The Qualification consists of the following:
- Customer Services Level 2
- Technical certificate
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Functional Skills in Literacy and Numeracy (if relevant)
BABINGTON BUSINESS COLLEGE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by BABINGTON BUSINESS COLLEGE LIMITED
Richard Wilkinson 01133 663066 Richard.Wilkinson@babingtongroup.co.uk
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Oct 2017