Food and Beverage Apprenticeship No 1 Kitchen
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to learn Front of House Skills and also learn some basic kitchen skills. We require an Apprentice to train in our busy restaurant working along our Restaurant Manager in all aspects of running a busy restaurant.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 32.00
Possible start date
06 Nov 2017
04 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- As a Food and Beverage Apprentice, you play a key role in helping guests to enjoy their meal. It is your responsibility to ensure that there is no delay in bringing the food from the kitchen, and that it is served as attractively as possible.
- You will advise guests on the food and drink available (sales skills are an important aspect of this) and serve their meals while causing as little unnecessary disruption to them as possible. You will also clear plates and other unwanted items from the table, replenish drinks and wine glasses, and keep the restaurant looking pleasant.
- You will also be responsible for greeting guests, showing them to their table, taking orders and collecting their payment at the end of the meal and process payments at the till throughout service.
- You will help to prepare the restaurant for service, and clear away when all the guests have gone. You may be asked to help serve at banquets, cocktail parties, special dinners, weddings, and other functions.
- You may need to set up the tables and seating, as well as laying the tables and assisting with the washing up/polishing cutlery.
- Along with serving meals, you will be required to serve tea and coffee to guests. You also need to know what wines and other drinks are available to your guests, so you must be knowledgeable on the laws relating to the service of alcohol.
- High standards of personal presentation and hygiene are essential at all times. It is also important to be aware of safety, so that you avoid any accidents.
- You will also be required to assist with stock control – bottling up, stock count and stock rotation.
Requirements and prospects
- Willingness to learn
- Attention to detail and passionate about food
- Self motivated
- Can use initiative
- Confident and happy to have a conversation with customers
- High standard of personal presentation, punctuality and initiative
- Responsive and enthusiastic
- Provide customers a positive impression of yourself and our organisation
- Positive approach to dealing with people
- Maths and English at Grade C or equivalent (desirable)
- Basic Food Hygiene (desirable)
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Hospitality
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
- Transferable skills as required
NEW COLLEGE STAMFORD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by New College Stamford
Sara Fraser 01780 484300 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017