Apprentice Nursery practitioner Futurepath Childcare
We are delighted to offer a vacancy for a childcare apprentice at our Parkgate nursery. This is a great opportunity for someone who loves working with children and would like to complete a qualification whilst gaining experience in a busy, friendly nursery environment.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
30 Sep 2017
28 Jul 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
You will be supported in your qualification by all the team at Futurepath. In this role you will be spending time in all 3 of our rooms, training with children from birth to four years.
The position of Childcare Apprentice involves:
- Working as part of a team where all members are valued.
- Supporting the staff in the rooms.
- Encouraging the children to be as positive and independent as possible.
- Helping to create an environment where children are happy, secure and relaxed, where they can learn and grow in confidence.
- Attending staff meetings and undertaking training as appropriate.
- Being flexible and reliable.
- Maintaining first aid and food safety certificates.
- Being involved preparing and planning activities.
- Assisting with preparation and supervision of children meals.
- Putting into practice all Futurepath Childcare policies.
- Adhering to the dress code.
- Completing a Futurepath Childcare student training booklet.
- Keeping up to date with your NVQ qualification.
- Attending college/lessons on days if required.
- Ensuring the nursery is kept clean, tidy and safe, and that resources are maintained in a good condition.
- Being involved with all children's activities in the nursery and work in co-operation with others.
- Working with children during activities and supporting if needed.
- Assisting with the supervision of children during arrival and departure times.
- Being positive and professional with parents/carers.
- Keeping individual learning journals/care records up to date and in line with Futurepath Childcare requirement
Requirements and prospects
- Able to use their own initiative, as well as work cooperatively as part of a team.
- Able to plan and keep accurate records for a small group of children.
- Punctual and reliable
- Flexible and highly motivated
- Have a passion for working with children.
GCSE Maths/English A-C or equivalent is desirable but not essential.
Things to consider
About the employer
You will embark on a CACHE Level 2 Childrens and Young People's Workforce qualification or the Level 3 Early Years Educator which will be delivered through observations in the work-place and ongoing assignments. Alongside this you will complete Functional Skills in English, maths and ICT
Children and Young People's Workforce
FNTC TRAINING AND CONSULTANCY LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by FNTC Training & Consultancy
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017