Level 2 Health and Social Care Apprentice 121 Care
To provide care in the manner that is in sympathy with 121 Care standards and the Framework of Accomplishments.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
14 Nov 2017
03 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Duties will include:
- Ensure the highest quality of service provision at all times.
- Contribute to Supervision sessions and be prepared to learn and improve professional skills.
- Ensure adherence to the requirements of the National Care Standards Commission and the relevant contractual obligations of any service agreement.
- To record the progress of care on a daily basis.
- To attend meetings as directed.
- To pass on any relevant information to other care staff.
- To be aware of the responsibilities of employees under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
- To demonstrate familiarity with the operational policies of 1 2 1 Care and the principles on which they are founded.
- To take part in any training opportunities as arranged.
- To take part in an annual performance review.
- To develop and maintain good professional relationships with neighbours, parents and relatives.
- Demonstrate loyalty and respect to 1 2 1 Care and colleagues.
Requirements and prospects
- Strives to reach the highest standards in customer service
- Communicates effectively, both verbally and non-verbally
- Compassionate, patient and empathetic
- Flexible and approachable with a positive attitude, even under pressure
- Works on own initiative
- Team player
- Commitment to own professional and personal development
- Deals with emergencies and difficult situations
- Records with accuracy and detail
- To demonstrate a flexible attitude towards shift patterns and job role.
- 5 GCSEs A-C or the equivalent.
About the employer
You will be assigned to a Lakes College assessor who will come out to visit you monthly in the work place.
You will work towards a level 2 NVQ in Health and Social Care, and Functional Skills if necessary.
Health and Social Care
LAKES COLLEGE WEST CUMBRIA
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Lakes College West Cumbria
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017