Apprentice Dispensing Assistant Dr Graham Garrod Dr Paul AbbottDr Rebekah Gibbons & Dr Sam Radford
We are looking for an enthusiastic, efficient and trustworthy individual with good communication skills to join our busy dispensary team. You will learn to prepare, supply and dispense medicines and appliances to our patients under supervision.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
13 Oct 2017
27 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The successful applicant will learn to undertake a variety of tasks within the dispensary under supervision, including:
- Taking in prescription requests and handing out medication.
- Processing prescription requests using the dispensary computerised system.
- Dealing with and responding to telephone and face to face enquires from patients, their representatives and other healthcare professionals and referring queries to the relevant member of the practice team when necessary.
- Ordering stock efficiently ensuring continuity of supply for patients and minimising wastage through out of date stock.
- Receiving stock from wholesalers and inputting stock received on to the computerised system.
- Ensure drugs are stored in an appropriate manner within the dispensary.
- Ensure the dispensary shelves and work surfaces are kept clean and all equipment is clean and in working order.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication and ICT skills together with the ability to read and carry out instructions and the ability to pay attention to detail are essential.
- Trustworthy, dependable and flexible.
- Presentable and professional at all times.
- The successful applicant must possess GCSEs A - C (or equivalent) in English, Mathematics and ICT.
Things to consider
About the employer
Dr Graham Garrod Dr Paul AbbottDr Rebekah Gibbons & Dr Sam Radford
- Level 2 Certificate in Pharmacy Service Skills (NVQ)(QCF).
- BTEC Level 2 Certificate in Pharmaceutical Science.
- Functional Skills Maths and English Level 1 (with the option to complete Level 2).
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities.
Health - Pharmacy Services
BUTTERCUPS TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Buttercups Training Limited
Alex Zielinska 0115 937 4936 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2017