Software Tester Apprentice EXCELPOINT LIMITED
Are you a logical problem-solving person? Do you like looking in to all the details and resolving the problem? If so then we have the opportunity for you.
Closing date: 23 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
24 Oct 2017
27 Jul 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
As part of our fast-paced development team you will work alongside our Lead Developers and be a key member of the product development process with involvement in the internal scoping, design/UX, front end HTML/CSS and development stages of projects.
Although we are not specifically seeking experience in any particular field, if you are a logically-minded person that thrives on problem solving then this role is right for you.
As we currently don't have a support team and the technical team cover both development and support you will also be responsible for sharing in the support of our customers as per business needs.
You should have the passion, experience and confidence to contribute to research and development within the company to ensure we keep right on top of emerging development techniques (e.g. responsive design, mobile). You should also have a commitment to best practice, an appetite for innovation, and excellent communication skills. If you seek a role where your input is considered, valued and acted upon - join our team.
Skills that Pay Bills
- Excellent understanding of front end and UI design
- Good knowledge of and around software development
- Be capable of developing and maintaining a Test Plan
- Must be disciplined to document logical and thorough processes that test and re-test all aspects of our product
- Assist with the support of customer implementations by contributing to the resolution of customer incidents
Requirements and prospects
- An understanding of User Experience and responsive design and development techniques
- Knowledge of testing tools and frameworks available commercially
- Ability to develop Unit and Integration Test scripts
- Passionate about Developing creative solutions to business problems
- Excited to be part of a secure, growing and flexible team
- Able to work under pressure supporting the demands of the project not the clock
- Good communication skills
- Passionate about customers, other team members, the company – your company
- Ability to use and demonstrate your own initiative working independently of supervisory input for extended periods
- Critical Thinker
- Aptitude for Maths
Ideally a minimum 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Things to consider
About the employer
Throughout the duration of your Apprenticeship you will be required to attend the 3aaa Technology Academy in Middlesbrough for up to 12 weeks on a block release basis for structured training. The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace with your Employer. You will work towards a Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship for IT, Software, Web and Telecoms Professionals. The qualifications consist of:
- Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
- L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
- L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable)
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals
ASPIRE ACHIEVE ADVANCE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by ASPIRE ACHIEVE ADVANCE LIMITED
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 23 Oct 2017