Advanced Apprentice Nursery Practitioner Silks Farm School Nursery
As an Apprentice you will work as a member of the nursery team to provide a high standard of care and education that complies with all regulatory requirements and current best practice. You will be required to be familiar and comply with all the nursery's policies ad risk assessment procedures at all times.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
21 Oct 2017
28 Jul 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Care & Education
- Work as part of a team to ensure that the nursery meets the requirements of the EYFS at all times.
- Work as part of a team to ensure that the children are supervised and kept safe at all times.
- Work as part of a team to ensure that the children's care needs are fully met, to include feeding, toileting, hygiene and cleanliness.
- Work as part of a team to ensure that appropriate learning opportunities are planned for the children in accordance with the EYFS and current best practice.
- Have "key person" responsibility for a group of children and ensure that you take a particularly close interest in those children's welfare and development.
- Ensure that records of development and learning are fully and accurately completed for the children for whom you have key person responsibility.
- Ensure that children are collected only by authorised people known to the nursery.
Partnership with Parents
- Develop professional, positive and friendly working relationships with all parents.
- Provide relevant daily feedback to parents about their child, presented in a confident and professional way.
- Promote the nursery to both current parents and to potential customers
Health & Safety
- Take shared responsibility for health, safety and cleanliness throughout the nursery.
- Be familiar with and comply with the nursery's risk management, emergency and security procedures.
- Immediately report any safety concerns to the Nursery Manager.
- Understand your personal responsibility for the welfare and protection of the children in the nursery and of the action you must take if you have a concern.
- Participate in all required out of hours activities, including training, parents' evenings, staff meetings and other events.
- To act as a good role model for other staff and students throughout the nursery.
- Undertake regular training and professional development.
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to use initiative
- Previous work experience in a childcare setting, desirable
- Be a flexible and reliable team player, including undertaking any other reasonable duties that may be requested of you from time to time.
- Develop professional, positive and friendly working relationships with other staff members.
- Caring & honest
GCSE English & Maths grade C or above is essential. (or equivelent)
Things to consider
About the employer
Silks Farm School Nursery
- Level 3 Children & Young Peoples Workforce
- IT Functional Skills if required
- Employment Rights & Responsibilities
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills
Children and Young People's Workforce
CAMBRIDGE REGIONAL COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Cambridge Regional College
Camilla 01223 226322
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2017