Infrastructure Technician Darbro Computers Limited
Estio Training have an exciting opportunity for an Infrastruture Technician Apprentice with Darbro Computers, a Technology Company, based in Cheshire
Closing date: 16 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
30 Oct 2017
27 Jul 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Connecting up computers and necessary peripheral devices.
- Checking computer hardware (HDD, mice, keyboards, whiteboards etc.) to ensure functionality.
- Installing and configuring appropriate software and functions according to specifications.
- Developing and maintaining local networks in ways that optimize performance.
- Ensuring security and privacy of networks and computer systems.
- Providing orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment.
- Organising and scheduling upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work.
- Performing troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.)
- Maintaining records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule.
- Identifying computer or network equipment shortages and recommending upgrades.
- Working in an education setting at 5 different sites per week.
Typical infrastructure (per site) consists of:
- 50-100 client workstations
- 7-14 Interactive Whiteboards
- Windows Server 2008/2012 (Virtualised with Hyper-V)
- 50-100 iPads
- Managed Wireless Network
Requirements and prospects
- Must have a driver’s license and a car due to working at different sites
- Independent working is a must although will be supervised
- Valid DBS/CRB check (will be provided)
- Working in an education setting at 5 different sites per week
- Excellent communication and troubleshooting skills required
- Excellent time management skills
- Prioritise workload
- Resolve IT issues
- Able to work on own initiative
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- 5 GCSEs at grades A*- C or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
About the employer
Darbro Computers Limited
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive ten weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals and & Customer Service Skills
- Business Processes & Network Fundamentals
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
- Networking and Architecture
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
Digital Industries > Infrastructure Technician
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Luke Metcalf 01133500333 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 16 Oct 2017