Marketing and Sales Apprentice Crystal Classics
We have a fantastic opportunity to join the expanding team at Crystal Classics. Ideally Chinese/Mandarin speaking (other languages will be considered), we are looking for a candidate who is outgoing and confident, and able to travel easily.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
01 Oct 2017
28 Jul 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
In this varied role, your day-to-day duties will include:
- Present, promote and sell our products
- Analyse current customer database to promote our business
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships
- Deal with customer problems and complaints through to a satisfactory conclusion
- Achieve sales targets and outcomes within schedule
- Communicate with other team members and customers
Requirements and prospects
- Must have additional languages - Chinese would be a great help but other languages would be considered.
- Must have a clean driving licence to be able to travel to exhibitions
- Must be able to travel worldwide throughout the calendar year (no convictions)
- Experience working within marketing
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Must be highly motivated and target driven, not a clock watcher
- Able to gain trust and build relationships
- Able to prioritise, good time management and very good organisational skills
- Well presented
- Flexiable, reliable, customer orientated
- An outgoing communicative personality, a good sense of humour is an absolute must
- Must be willing to learn about the product
- Able to manage their own work schedule
5 GCSE’s A-C (or the equivalent) including Maths, English and ICT.
Things to consider
About the employer
Crystal Classics’ purpose-built offices are based in the beautiful county of Somerset in Southern England (about 2.5 hours drive southwest of London) in the ancient village of East Coker. We have a very extensive selection of minerals for viewing at our showrooms, and a state of the art mineral preparation (trimming and cleaning) laboratory. Our selection of fine minerals is certainly the largest in Europe. Please visit us in East Coker at our showrooms, open from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
- Technical Certificate – designed to improve your knowledge and understanding of specific topics related to your trade.
- National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) – achieved through the tasks you do at work, NVQs are proof of your ability and practical skills.
- Functional Skills – general skills that are used in every job, such as Communication and Application of Number.
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities – a workbook for you to do to help you understand your rights and responsibilities as an employee, and your employer’s responsibilities towards you.
- Personal, learning and thinking skills (PLTS) provide a framework for describing the qualities and skills needed for success in learning and life. The PLTS framework has been developed and refined over a number of years in consultation with employers, parents, schools, students and the wider public.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Yeovil College
Katie Whitty 01935 845397 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017