Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship NUMBERFIT LIMITED
Do you enjoy working with children and contributing to their academic, physical and social well-being? We are looking for session facilitators that can run sessions for Early Years, Key Stage 1, 2 & 3 and also be involved in driving the business forward.
Closing date: today
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
30 Oct 2017
28 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Role and responsibilities:
- Increase levels of numerical competency and provide a progressive support structure for the National Curriculum and EYFS for numeracy
- Increase levels of fitness and enjoyment of physical exercise. Promote inclusion and the development of social skills and team exercises
To make Maths engaging we are looking for candidates with the following qualities:
- Interested in gaining teaching experience or perhaps already a qualified Teacher, but looking for something slightly different
- Keen to contribute to children’s academic, physical and social well-being
- Has a large presence and excellent communication skills.
- Sessions will involve running team games for children, you will be expected to be fun, loud and able to engage groups of children
- Numerate - full training will be given, but you will be expected to have Maths GCSE or equivalent, and be able to communicate the basics of numeracy to small groups of children
- Driven and motivated to find a fulfilling career
When you are not out at local schools and nurseries delivering sessions, the role will involve Business support including:
- Preparing materials for lessons
- Devising lesson plans
- Problem solving
- Thinking up even more fun ways to make Maths more enjoyable
Requirements and prospects
- Good written and interpersonal communication skills
- Able to establish good working relationships with staff, pupils, parents and outside agencies
- Computer literate
- Willing and able to complete all learning and assessment requirements of the relevant framework
- Team player
- Good time management
- 5 GCSEs grade A*-C or equivalent qualifications to include English Language and Maths, or be willing to work towards the appropriate level of English, Maths and ICT
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 Diploma in Teaching and Learning
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Functional Skills (if required)
Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
NATIONAL SCHOOLS TRAINING LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by National Schools Training Ltd
Kate Wardle email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: today