2808N Monitoring and Administration Apprentice Sheffield Area Refuge & Support
Provide an administrative support function to the whole team and to the Board including the development and use of Information Technology. Ensure that all administrative routines are regular, systematic and evidenced with a sound audit trail in order to enable SARAS to take informed strategic and operational decisions. See main advert.
Closing date: 07 Nov 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
08 Nov 2017
27 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Provide an administrative support function to the whole team and to the Board includingthe development and use of Information Technology.
- Ensure that all administrative routinesare regular, systematic and evidenced with a sound audit trail in order to enable SARAS totake informed strategic and operational decisions.
- Work collaboratively with the wholeteam to design, develop, streamline and improve, administrative systems to enable efficientand effective working practices that make the best use of the resources available to SARAS.
- To work with the team to ensure that effective and routine monitoring systems are in placeto enable reporting to funders for all contracts, grants and donations in a timely and efficientmanner. To contribute to the drafting of funding bids with particular focus on monitoringneeds.
- Source suppliers on behalf of SARAS using competitive practises with SARASapproved suppliers and to check that all transactions have been made in accordance withthe policies and procedures in place.
- To identify and evidence potential problems,highlighting them to the Director in a timely manner. To work with the team to remedy potential problems and further develop the finance, monitoring and admin systems in aprocess of continuous improvement.
- Support administrative volunteers and trainees to enable them to develop their skills and gain valuable work experience whilst contributing tothe work of the organisation as a whole.
- Any other duties and responsibilities commensurate with the grade of post, or agreed with the Director.
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to deal patiently with those for whom their first language is not English.
- Good verbal and non-verbal communications skills andan ability to communicate clearly and concisely, including the ability to listen actively andmatch communication to the needs of the recipient.
- Demonstrable listening skills with anability to influence and negotiate effectively.
- Enthusiastic with a flexible approach to work tomeet the needs of the service.
- Educated to GCSE level (or equivalent work experience, training and qualifications). Mathematics and English Essential.
Things to consider
About the employer
Sheffield Area Refuge & Support
Skills Made Easy work to match employers to training providers and help recruit suitable candidates. The Training Provider will be confirmed with you at a later stage however you should bear in mind that you may need to attend day release courses with your Training Provider and may need to travel for this. Apprenticeship Qualifications may include an NVQ, Personal Learning and Thinking Skills, Employee Rights Workbook and Functional Skills.
Business and Administration
SHEFFIELD CITY COUNCIL
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skills Made Easy
David Archer 01142 735960 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 07 Nov 2017