Apprentice Hairdresser Belle Amie
Belle Amie salon is a busy with a mixed clientele. The ideal apprenticewill need to be committed and enthusiasm to the role and be willing to support the team members on the salon floor. This is a great opportunity for anyone who wants to complete a hairdressing apprenticeship, is passionate about hairdressing and wants to be the best hairdresser.
Closing date: 13 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 38.00
Possible start date
23 Oct 2017
30 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The Level 2 apprentice will learn all the practical skills and communication skills related to the profession of hairdressing. Working to the best of their ability to get good results, develop good relationships with clients, be aware of the changing new looks and fashion trends. A hairdressing career is very rewarding and opens a lot of opportunities for future career progressions in various directions.
The Apprentice Key Tasks –
- Meet and greet clients. Ensure all clients are offered coffee/tea, magazines to ensure client comfort.
- Shampooing and conditioning clients, Hair treatments and rinsing off colours.
- Practical skills such as blow drying, eventually colouring, foils and cutting will be incorporated into the training sessions.
- To ensure that salon cleanliness and hygiene is maintained throughout the day to ensure the salon is always welcoming.
- Assist the stylists on the salon floor.
- Reception duties including answering the phone and making client appointments.
- Be aware of changing fashion trends, new looks and popular products
- To advise clients on all products and treatments the salon can offer.
- To adopt and maintain a positive and friendly attitude and to behave in a professional manner at all times.
- With regard to dress, hairstyles, make-up and personal hygiene. This should be maintained at all times and in keeping with the standards set by the salon.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication and interaction skills
- Excellent time keeper
- Some creative flair
- Working in a team
- Must be keen to learn and develop new skills
- Well presented for the industry
- Self Motivated
- Must have a can do attitude
No formal qualifications are required. However GCSE grades A-C in Maths & English could be beneficial.
Things to consider
About the employer
You will be working towards your NVQ Level 2 in Hairdressing. Training will be provided one day a week by Terence Paul to complete practical and theoretical. Training will also be supported throughout the working week in the salon.
Creating stylists of the future is at the heart of Terence Paul philosophy. Terence Paul has a reputation for high quality training and consistently high success rates for NVQ Programs.
Please note the training delivery site will be Terence Paul Training Academy Stockport.
Hair and Beauty > Hair Professional
TERENCE PAUL ENTERPRISES LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Terence Paul Hairdressers
Kay Cooke 07709952403 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 13 Oct 2017