Business Administration Apprentice Kelvin Steels Ltd
Fantastic opportunity to join our established team in this rapidly growing, well known Steel Stock Holding company. You will assist with general office duties to ensure company processes run smoothly. Assisting colleagues with their duties, dealing with clients, customers, and suppliers.
Closing date: 13 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
20 Oct 2017
25 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
To efficiently undertake basic administration and clerical duties which may include the following duties as directed:
- Data input, data extraction, photocopying, scanning, filing and typing duties.
- To deal with internal and external post and maintain the Post Log.
- To produce day files on a daily basis.
- To support the team to maintain accurate, timely and legible records.
- To answer/deal with queries, both face to face and via the telephone, take messages and pass them on to the relevant member of staff in an appropriate and timely manner.
- To meet and greet visitors as required.
- To maintain filing systems in line with organisations policies and procedures.
- To assist with the ordering and maintenance of the office stock / stationery supplies.
- Collating information for reports.
- To be a flexible and supportive member of the team.
- To maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
- Attend and take part in team meetings & regular reviews with line manager.
Requirements and prospects
- Interpersonal skills - speaking to other employees across the business.
- IT skills - knowledge of email, spreadsheets and word processing.
- General IT skill and use of computers.
- Attention to detail.
- Willingness to work hard and complete tasks assigned.
- Asking questions if unsure about tasks assigned.
- Good timekeeping.
- Competent to process basic clerical tasks accurately following instructions.
- Good communication skills.
- Confidence and the ability to interact with people.
- Ability to organise, plan and prioritise on own initiative, including when under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work flexibly and enthusiastically within a team or on own initiative.
- Career driven and wanting to push themselves.
- Ability to take instruction when needed.
- A willingness to develop and respond positively to change.
- Committed to completion of tasks.
- A positive 'Can Do’ attitude.
- Respect for confidentiality.
- To have a professional appearance.
- Friendly outgoing nature
- Good team ethic
- A good communicator
- Patience and understanding
- Good timekeeper
GCSE Grades A-C in Maths, English & ICT or equivelant
Things to consider
About the employer
Kelvin Steels Ltd
- Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English (If required)
- Level 1 Functional Skills in Maths (If required)
- Level 1 Functional ICT (If required)
Business and Administration
DEARNE VALLEY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Dearne Valley College
Nick Ward 01709 513333 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 13 Oct 2017