Administrative Assistant Apprentice - 12231 Public Health England
Currently seeking an organised and professional administrator to support a large admin function and provide Secretarial/Administrative where required.
Closing date: today
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
25 Jul 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Word-processing and typing or correspondence, manuscripts, minutes and other documents (Microsoft Word, Basic/ Intermediate)
- Arrange national and international travel and hotel arrangements and flight bookings
- Produce presentations (Microsoft PowerPoint, Basic level)
- Organise external and internal meetings: book rooms and refreshments, and take minutes.
- Use of Internet to retrieve requested information (Microsoft Internet Explorer, basic/intermediate level)
- Produce tables or graphs (Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access, basic/intermediate level)
- Assist manning the telephones and deal appropriately with telephone enquiries when required.
- Greet visitors.
- Provide flexible cover of secretarial and administrative work within the department.
Requirements and prospects
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, including an excellent telephone manner and proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Good organisational skills and an ability to prioritise and manage own work load according to needs.
- Good attention to detail and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Flexibility and adaptable to working in order to meet competing priorities within timescales/deadlines.
- Ability to work independently, as well as being a team member.
- Must be able to demonstrate a high level of discretion and confidentiality.
An enthusiastic and professional attitude and commitment to learning new skills.
Someone with ideally 5 GCSE grades (C and above) or equivalent, including Maths and English
Things to consider
About the employer
Public Health England
- L3 & L4 total duration: 31-39 months
- Part 1 – Level 3 apprenticeship: 13-15 months
- Part 2 – Level 4 apprenticeship: 18-24 months
Approximately 3% of training takes place in the QA learning centre classroom. 17% is done in the workplace, through workplace units, face-to-face meetings with your QA Assessor, or developing your portfolio. The remaining time will be spent on your workplace activity.
Business and Professional Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by QA Limited
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: today