Intermediate Legal Assistant Apprenticeship BHW Solicitors
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to work within a busy Solicitors as an Administrator. At BHW Solicitors we have always understood that the identity, ambition and success of any law firm is determined by the people who work in it.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
02 Nov 2017
25 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
We offer the full range of commercial legal services. Our core practice areas include mergers and acquisitions, company and commercial law, commercial property, employment and dispute resolution. Additionally we have specialist knowledge of several industry sectors including aerospace, agriculture, information technology, plant hire, retail and schools.
As Leicester Solicitors we are proud of our Leicestershire and East Midlands roots but have gained a national reputation for our expertise and service. We have an enviable client following built on strong relationships, but all of our clients are equally important to us, large or small.
Our approach is cooperative, straightforward and businesslike. Our modern and well equipped offices are at Grove Park, Leicester, conveniently located just off Junction 21 of the M1, with guaranteed client parking.
(Post Completion:- An audit that takes place at the conclusion of a project requiring capital expenditure, or other business initiative, intended to evaluate the final costs and benefits to the company. Post-completion audits are typically performed by objective third-party auditors, in order to remove any inaccuracies due to bias or preference.)
- Undertake Post Completion work under supervision, in particular: land registry applications, dealing with lender correspondence, preparing completed registrations for clients and lenders, file closing.
- The jobholder is not designated as a matter handler for file review purposes and does not therefore have their own file caseload.
- Deal wherever possible with routine Post Completion enquiries and communications.
- Co-ordination of the Post Completion key dates reminder system as outlined in the Manual.
- Shared general administrative duties undertaken with other support staff on a rota basis including: answering external telephone calls, franking external post, ensuring meeting rooms are set up and cleared before and after meetings.
Requirements and prospects
- The main skills required for this role are to have excellent numeracy and computer skills are these are vital parts to the role.
- You will need to have good attention to detail and have good communication skills as you will be answering the phone.
- You will also need to be someone who takes direction and picks things up quickly as working in a solicitors firm is fast paced.
- This role requires someone who works well as part of a team but also on their own.
- Needs to be punctual and presentable.
- Must be a quick learner and happy to learn.
- GCSE in Maths or equivalent is essential due to the nature of the role.
Things to consider
About the employer
- This is a full time apprenticeship, studying towards the Intermediate Level in Business Administration.
- You will have an assessor who will come out to the setting to visit you and go through your NVQ work with you.
- All work will be done at the setting so there will not be any days spent at a college.
Business and Administration
ESG (SKILLS) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Interserve Learning & Employment
hayley potter 07525903828 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017