Customer Service & Business Administration Apprentice GEC SOLUTIONS LIMITED
We are looking for a dynamic Apprentice to work for a progressive company based in Gateshead. This is a varied position therefore you will gain general office experience in administration and gain valuable energy sector knowledge. It is vital that you have good excel capability and are willing to learn new skills.
Closing date: 27 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
11 Oct 2017
25 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
There are various roles available please see below
5 positions available in main office.
- Typing various documents/letters/reports as required
- Manage and maintain data, ensuring it is up to date
- Liaising with energy suppliers via telephone to confirm accurate details Producing reports using MS Packages
- Diary and email management
- First port of call for all telephone enquires
- General administrative duties such as filing and photocopying
- Basic finance tasks such as payments and invoicing
1 position available on reception
- Answering the telephone in a friendly, professional manner, taking messages and ensuring these are passed on in an appropriate way
- Meet and greet visitors, giving a positive first impression of the organisation
- Booking and scheduling internal and external meetings/ court bookings
- Administration tasks including matching purchase orders and invoices
- Updating and entering records on customer relationship management system
- Processing memberships and scheduling direct debit collections.
- Incoming and outgoing post
- Health and safety tasks for designated area.
Training to be provided
- Full company induction with our in-house training team
- Shadowing experienced colleagues prior to being set individual tasks
- Ongoing support throughout employment from senior staff and trainers.
Requirements and prospects
- Good computer skills, including experience of working with Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including a good telephone manner
- Well organised with the ability to prioritise tasks based on urgency Punctual with great time management
- Flexibility as the role may involve covering administration duties within other departments
- Outgoing with the ability to fit into various teams within the business
- Ambitious and possess a genuine interest in progression
Ideally a minimum 4 GCSEs C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents).
About the employer
GEC SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Full on-the-job training and support will be provided to enable the successful applicant to undertake the full range of duties required of the role.
In addition, training will also be provided towards the Apprenticeship in Customer Service LEVEL 2 through in-house delivery.
The Qualification consists of the following:
- Customer Service LEVEL 2
- Technical certificate
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Functional Skills in Literacy and Numeracy (if relevant)
BABINGTON BUSINESS COLLEGE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by BABINGTON BUSINESS COLLEGE LIMITED
Richard Wilkinson 01133 663066 Richard.Wilkinson@babingtongroup.co.uk
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Sep 2017