Apprentice Chef Seaford Town Council
Interested in beginning a career as a Chef? The View at Seaford Head has an exciting opportunity to join its team as an Apprentice Chef. This position is ideal for a candidate who has an understanding of what is required to work in a kitchen and is now looking to begin their career and work towards an NVQ in Food Production and Cooking.
Closing date: 21 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
04 Nov 2017
21 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The purpose of the role is to assist in the operation of the kitchen services and catering facilities whilst undertaking an apprenticeship qualification/s.
The key tasks will include:
- Following different procedures for food preparation.
- Ensuring food supplies are stored correctly and used resourcefully.
- Following recipes during food preparation and cooking.
- Ensuring kitchen is kept clean at all times.
- Arranging food items on serving plates.
- Preparing ingredients for dishes.
- Preparing appetisers, salads, stocks, sauces, soups and other food.
- Assisting in operating cooking equipment such as ovens, fryers, stoves and cookers.
- Adhering to hygiene protocols.
- Adhering to food presentation standards.
- Storing leftover food correctly.
- Assisting in stock rotation and food inventory checking.
- Checking food delivery status.
- Other suitable tasks in line with the job role, as requested by the senior member of staff on duty.
Requirements and prospects
The essential skills for the role include:
- Teamwork skills
- Ability to follow instructions
- Good verbal communication skills
- Impeccable hand to eye co-ordination
- Methodical worker; calm under pressure
A full UK driving licence is desirable.
The essential personal qualities for the role include:
- Ability to work in a team and happy to follow instructions from senior staff
- Thrives working in a high pressure environment
- Positive outlook
- Comfortable communicating with others and asking questions
- Passion for food production and delivery
- Eagerness to begin and progress a career as a chef
- Creativity to make suggestions regarding the kitchen/food to the rest of the team
- Impeccable levels of personal hygiene and hygiene in the workplace
There are no essential qualifications for the role however you will be required to undertake initial assessments in Maths and English before beginning the apprenticeship.
A Food & Hygiene Certificate is desirable.
Things to consider
About the employer
Additional location information
This Intermediate Apprenticeship consists of Level 2 Diploma in Food Production and Cooking, the Award in Hospitality and Catering Principles, plus functional skills in English and Maths.
Catering and Professional Chefs
SUSSEX DOWNS COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Sussex Downs College
Katie Parris 030 300 39871
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 21 Oct 2017