Apprentice Commis Chef Fiero Enterprises Ltd
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual with a passion for cooking, to join the Plum Pudding Bar & Restaurant in Armitage, nr. Rugeley. Under the guidance of the head chef you will learn how to cook Italian cuisine using fresh ingredients as well as all aspects of kitchen work.
Closing date: 08 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
16 Oct 2017
24 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Under supervision, you will work to a high quality alongside the Chef learning all aspects of cooking and kitchen work from the basics to cooking complete dishes from raw ingredients.
Duties will include:
- Preparing, Creating and Cooking Starters, Mains & Desserts
- Keep kitchen clean, tidy and hygienic at all times
- Adherence to Health & Safety policies and procedures
- Stock control
- Any additional duties you may from time to time be required to undertake to meet the demands of the business
Requirements and prospects
- Good Communication Skills
- Good Listening Skills
- Good Organisational Skills
- Good Timekeeping
- Good Literacy & Numeracy Skills
- Ability to work Independently as well as part of a team
- Attention to Detail
- Flexible working
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Ability to use own initiative but know when to seek guidance
- Motivated & willing to accept responsibility
- Keen to progress
- Willing to learn
- Excellent Personal Hygiene and Presentation
Desirable: GCSE or equivalent in English Language and Mathematics at grade A* - C
About the employer
- Level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship standard
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English & Maths (where applicable)
Hospitality > Commis Chef
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Stafford College
01785 275660 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 08 Oct 2017