Apprentice Installer Contour Furnishings Ltd
To train alongside the Installation team of the company and learn all aspect of installation, including home offices and bedroom. You will be working in residential settings and dealing with customers on a day to day basis so good communication skills are key. You will gain experience in working with hand tools and different materials.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
21 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- You will be working as an Apprentice Furniture Installer and will be working in customer’s homes. A clean and tidy appearance will always be expected from you. Excellent customer skills are required for this role. It is essential to be polite and courteous at all times during installations. Initiative is key to becoming a successful installer and will be expected from you in all tasks that are undertaken.
- You will be required to ensure all work carried out is done to a high standard and to the best of your ability at all times. It is of great importance that the customers and businesses specifications are met. It is essential that the products installed into the customer’s home be done so to the highest possible quality.
You will be expected to carry out any other reasonable tasks, which may include:
- Tool management
- Housekeeping of working areas
- Stocking of vehicles
- Assisting deliveries
- Any other such work requested by your senior installer
Responsible to: Manager
Requirements and prospects
- Suitable applicants must be prepared to follow instructions whilst learning/training
- The ideal candidate will be able to drive as the role involves visiting different properties during the day to carry out work
- You will also have to attend training in Nottingham once a week
- Be able to communicate well and work as part of a team
- Be punctual and work in a professional manner
- To be able to follow instructions and carry out work to a high standard
- Only candidates with a positive and enthusiastic approach to the position will be considered
- This includes being highly motivated to achieve a quality product and service expected by the company
- None required
About the employer
- Apprentice Installers can be involved in all aspects of installation including bedroom installation in homes and businesses as well as shop fitting.If you like the satisfaction of doing practical work and helping to improve homes and businesses, this job could be ideal for you
- To be an installer, you should have good problem solving skills
- You’ll need good customer care skills too. You’ll also need to be able to work to tight deadlines
- As an Apprentice Installer you will be following a comprehensive training programme which offers training in a variety of skills in the manufacture, design and installation of kitchen, bathroom or bedroom furniture
- Training covers the use of relevant tools and equipment from hand and power tools to a range of machinery and equipment
- It will also involve planning, organising and preparing components and finally assembling the furniture ready for installation
- Training programmes have been specially produced to enable you to monitor your own personal development and produce evidence required for you to progress towards achieving a National Vocational Qualification
You will follow route:
- Furniture Manufacturing Level 2 with a trade occupational area in Installation following Level 2 standards
- If the Apprentice has already completed Functional Skills at Level 1 (or equivalent) and can provide copies of certificates, they will not be required to complete Functional Skills, but will be given the opportunity to work towards a higher level of Functional Skills if they wish to do so and complete a Level 2 assessment for both subjects
Furniture > Furniture Manufacturer
WEBS TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Webs Training Ltd
Webs Training Recruitment Team 0115 967 7771 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017