APPRENTICE NURSERY ASSISTANT Horizons Primary School Limited
Level 2 Childcare Apprenticeship. Lewisham based. Term time/September start. MUST be enthusiastic about working with children.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
25 Sep 2017
20 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To work as part of a team with colleagues to provide a safe and stimulating environment for the children.
- Work closely to form positive relationships with colleagues, children and Parent/Carers and be aware of and respond to their changing needs.
- To take a full and active part in each session including:
- Greeting the children
- Preparing and making ready the play area daily and tidying up when the children have left
- Interacting and playing with the children
- Story telling, singing and music
- Preparing art materials, table and floor equipment
- Attending to the needs of children- nose wiping and washing and dealing with accidents.
- Keeping environment and equipment in a safe and hygienic condition including participating in stock taking and cleaning sessions.
- At request of the supervisor, take responsibility for specific tasks relating to individual/groups of children and areas of the playroom.
- Work as part of a team under the direction of the supervisor and attend regular staff meetings and planning sessions.
- Contribute to planning for both group and individual plans
Any other duties not listed above:
- To participate in the Key-worker system, taking responsibility for observing children and recording their progress.
- To work within the Nursery Equal opportunities policy and actively challenge discrimination of all kinds.
- To work within the Nursery Confidentiality policy.
- To be familiar with and work within all policies held by Nursery.
- To keep abreast of the latest developments in Early years education and care through attending courses and workshops and reading current publications.
- To promote the aims and ethos of the Nursery at all times.
Requirements and prospects
- Be able to work and play with children
- Being proactive and motivated
- Professional and able to work in a team
- Knowledge of children's stories to support the children with
- Flexible and understanding to the children needs
- Willing to learn and take instructions, putting them into action
- Organisational skills and stress management and control
- Have initiative and excellent time management (lateness is not acceptable)
- Have passion for taking care of children
- Be happy
Maths and English GCSE (or equivalent) C or above is desirable
Things to consider
About the employer
- BTEC Level 2 in Children & Young People’s Workforce
- Functional Skills Maths and English Level 1 or 2 if needed
Children and Young People's Workforce
The Intraining Group Limited
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The Intraining Group
Andrew Green 0330 123 3220 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2017