Professional Cookery Apprentice St Lawrence College
While focussing on your apprenticeship qualification, you will gain a full knowledge of the college’s catering team across all of the functions including stores; plate/pot wash; raw/cooked food preparation; hospitality; functions; servery; knowledge of legal requirements in order to achieve fully-rounded expertise of the catering operation.
Closing date: 22 Oct 2017
£160.00 - £180.00
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
30 Oct 2017
20 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To undertake apprenticeship training to learn the theory and practice of professional cookery from trainers and management.
- To help prepare quality food to which our customers will enjoy.
- To make sure that the kitchen, dining and service areas are clean tidy and attractive during opening times.
- To make sure portion control, preparation and storage methods, and to avoid wastage to keep down costs.
- To complete all COSHH & HACCP documentation.
- To help prepare and present food in a way which will encourage customers to enjoy their meals.
- Dealing with deliveries and making sure that stock is put away in a safe manner, with stock rotation happening.
- To assist with the washing up and keeping the Catering Department clean, as per cleaning schedule.
- Maintaining high standards of hygiene in line with the food policy management system.
- Assisting senior staff with the setup of functions.
- To assist in any area of the catering operation as and when required.
Requirements and prospects
- Understanding of the Catering industry.
- Oral communication skills.
- Demonstrable aptitude for catering
- Good timekeeper
- Well-presented and polite
- Practical, can do attitude
- Able to work in a team
- Be willing to assist with a variety of different tasks and adapt to change
- Willingness to learn from training and develop new skills
- Attention to detail and sense of pride in output
- A genuine desire to work and learn in a Catering Envrionment
GCSE C or above in Maths and English is desirable but not essential
Things to consider
About the employer
- Employer rights and responsibilities
- Personal learning and thinking skills
- Functional skills level 1 in English and maths if required
- NVQ 2 Diploma in Professional Cookery.
Catering and Professional Chefs
EAST KENT COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by East Kent College
Lucy Bryant 07772288275 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 22 Oct 2017